Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 1.9 cdti 150 eml & EGR & DPF issues

HI

Ok so the EMl light came on the other day with the mrs driving and the car went into limp mode, i cleaned the egr a few months back, and the cars been ok since.

I took the car out on a good trip 200 miles a few weekends back and gave it a good run (if you know what i mean). 5 days later shes smoking like gooden i guess DPF.

Firstly what do people think to the ebay £20 ish diagnostic kits.

Also could i clean the EGR and then blank it off temp with say some coke can and see how it runs.

Just wanting thoughts and opinions, i am temped for a full remap to blank these off and remove dpf

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you have a dpf you can't blank egr.( unless you have it removed and remapped)
    Get a good diagnostic to tell you how full dpf is and get them to do 2 forced regenerations to give you bit more life if it clears up a bit.
    Light may be on due to pressure diff b4 and after dpf.

Work out where the car is smoking from. My car was smoking from spring joint when pressure built up and forced joint open. Also has forced a hole in flexi pipes. If either you need to fix hole but will keep happening if it's dpf.

Cheap diagnostic machines Arnt really any good for dpf and egr issues.

If you get removed and remapped make sure they put latest software on as new fault diagnostics are added such as air flow meter codes.

Get a good diesel place to have a look for how much life in the dpf left

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well recently it looks like its been coming from the front, but its hard to tell, maybe front wheels arch. it hasn't smoked in a few days.

could a diesel place tell me by diag how much life is left

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A decent garage will spot it. Main splurge of gas prob only when dpf is doin a clean (regen) should leave soot marks tho. back pressure caused when doin it and duff dpf forcing a way out early before dpf. Most likely main flexi pipe. (mine done twice (£85 each fitted to me) I didn't fix dpf do went again. But go to decen independent (one that knows about removing and remap ecu) so you know your in the right place.

Decent diagnostic machine & mechanic will see how much gone and when last regen done and they will know how long left but from what you said its dead and only gona cause more and more damage. It can kill your turbo as well as pipes.

If you short of the money (I paid £260 remove & remap) ask to do some forced regen (twice best) with diagnostic machine (will cost as each one takes 30mins ish. Will give you a max of 1-2 months more life while you save money. But it needs doing.

( the dpf regens by flooding the dpf filter with diesel and superheating it so it basically boils the filter clean but only works for a certain life, and short journeys kill it never gets going long enough to do a full regen at so many revs at a 55mph + and for a certain length of time ish) modern diesels Arnt recommended for round the door cars but are still fitted and sold unknown to most. Need to do weekly decent drive to help it when new.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers mate looks at getring it to mas p asap to get dpf out and egr blanked off with remap

Thread Information