Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Worth reporting to Police?

This is a bit of a rant, followed by a question......

I travel home each day along the A449 from Worcester to Kidderminster which some of you will know is largely a 50mph limit with a short 70 limit near Worcester....
    The road is frustrating as hell due to silly red paint, chevons and very short overtaking points.

Over the last few months and every single day there has been this woman in a black Mazda 3 driving down this road at 35-40mph (from around 5:30pm)..... Now while 40 isn't so bad in a 50 limit, it does cause a hell of a lot of driver frustration and ive witnessed no less than 3 near misses with impatient drivers overtaking her illegally on the chevroned off sections where the central reservation breaks to allow people to turn off to the local villages.
    I myself had a very close call with a 7.5tonner who didn't have the space to pull off a safe overtake and nearly ended up in the side of my car.
    It also tends to anger some people into driving way above the speed limit once they have gone past her!

She really is a menace, everyone I think is getting sick of her and most of us now can't resist leaning on the horn as we pass.
    I don't understand why she can't get the hint, when 20 other drivers overtake her, including articulated trucks and learner drivers!!

The road is dangerous enough as it is, with all the silly paint and I'm concerned that one of these near misses will turn into a serious accident one day...... She of course will just carry on oblivious to the destruction she just caused!

If I report her to the Police, will they take any notice at all? She needs a serious talking to!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if you cant overtake safely you shouldn't - its the overtakers who need police attention. I know its frustrating but WTF ? she has every right to drive at 40 in a 50.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rob 2.2dti View Post
    if you cant overtake safely you shouldn't - its the overtakers who need police attention. I know its frustrating but WTF ? she has every right to drive at 40 in a 50.
    Agreed...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If she wasn't driving dangerously, nobody would have to overtake.
    I defy any one to sit behind her doing 35 in a 70 when you've just finished work and want to get home.

I take the Japanese approach to things, chop the head off the snake.... Fire the management, not the staff.... Always attack the root cause.

Attacking the drivers who pull off illegal manoeuvres to get past her, is nothing more than "firefighting". It doesn't solve the problem, it just deals with the outcome. The problem is still there and the potential danger has not been dealt with!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry, I have to disagree. I failed my first motorbike test for riding too slowly and 'impeding the progress of other traffic'. The tester described a very similar scenario to the above.

Every driver should drive with due consideration for other road users and this woman is either oblivious or doesn't care. If there's a build up of traffic behind me if for some reason I can't travel at the stated speed limit, I pull over and let it clear. If I'm travelling at the stated limit and people are getting frustrated, however, that is their problem.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Birchy63 View Post
    If she wasn't driving dangerously, nobody would have to overtake.
    I defy any one to sit behind her doing 35 in a 70 when you've just finished work and want to get home.

I take the Japanese approach to things, chop the head off the snake.... Fire the management, not the staff.... Always attack the root cause.

Attacking the drivers who pull off illegal manoeuvres to get past her, is nothing more than "firefighting". It doesn't solve the problem, it just deals with the outcome. The problem is still there and the potential danger has not been dealt with!
    Maybe you should upgrade to a motor with the power to overtake safely

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi fella i think your wrong i know shes doing 40 and u state parts are 50mph limit wen u qoute(I defy any one to sit behind her doing 35 in a 70 when you've just finished work and want to get home) sounds as if your in a hurry to get home lol, i have seen a big increase in peeps speeding over the years if u cant over take safe dont do it full stop ps i think in the stats(9 out of every 10 crashes is speed related) we all speed now and then i know ur not speeding or so u say but ariving home 10 mins later than your normaly would isnt going to to hurt is it lol, i know slow /unsure drivers are a pain some times but be the wiser driver give them room thats what a experienced driver should do

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

its a speed limit, not a must do, yes, she could pull over if a long queue behind

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Debatable this one

Driving "severely below" the speed limit can be classed as Careless Driving
    On Motorways drivers of cars doing 15mph below the speed limit are often shown "Please speed up", where the traffic car has a display, otherwise they are stopped and asked why they were driving so slowly, ie not keeping pace with traffic (even if there is none!)

Is it worth reporting such a vehicle and its driver?
    Not really if they are keeping left, indicating correctly, and not driving at less than 15mph below the speed limit

Last week I was stopped for doing 30mph on the M8, even though the CITRAC was CLEARLY showing "30" on two lanes and a X in lane 3
    You can't win really!
    "Sorry officer, but did noone see the 30 signs?"

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

agreed, how would you feel if it was your wife, mother driving legally and being harassed by thoughtless morons?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information