User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: AFL Lights, Parking Sensors and now can't change to European AFL lights mode....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default AFL Lights, Parking Sensors and now can't change to European AFL lights mode....

I was tempted to write a big long rant... but thought better for it so here is a shortened version.......

Bought car with AFL warning light showing.
    Told by supplying dealer its just a sensor.
    Local dealer could not fix it but also found a recall (PDC Controller) hadn't been done by suppling dealer. (Car is Network Q).
    Local dealer attempts reload of software to fix - ends up with Parking Sensors not working!
    PDC Controller ordered, fitted but AFL light not fixed and nor was Parking Sensors.
    AFL Sensor ordered, fitted and fixes AFL light issue. Parking Sensors still not working.
    Parking Sensor Controller & New Sensors ordered, fitted but still not working.
    Days of dealer trying to resolve with Vauxhall Technical - Field Engineer fails to turn up. Finally Field Engineer suggests over the phone that they order new sensors - apparently a modified version that is new and has a different part number.
    Sensors ordered, fitted - worked!, removed, painted, refitted and working

Now on my last return to the dealer I mentioned that the Steering was making a noise still after they previously tried to fix it (see my response to another members post...).
    At that moment I also made them aware that I couldn't put the AFL lights into European Mode (for driving on the other side of the road).

The instructions are that you pull the main beam stalk back and hold it after turning on the ignition - then after 3 seconds it should beep and the AFL light symbol on the dash should flash.... None of that happens on mine.

After checking and spending more time onto Vauxhall Technical they still don't have an answer. Vauxhall are going to go off and investigate.... so the dealer is waiting for a return phone call

What they have determined is that the lights are going into European Mode - I'm not getting the beep nor the AFL light flashing confirmation. However as soon as the ignition is turned off and on again its defaulted back to UK mode!

So I guess I have to wait and see... better be resolved before August as I'm off to France with the family in the car!

However despite what seems like a long list of problems (and now my wifes pet name for the car being "Lemon") they are all just niggly faults and I am happy with my car... I'm just glad to have my car back rather than the Corsa courtesy car....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

At least something is being done about it and Vauxhall are working on a solution. It's always the niggly faults that wind people up.

If you don't get any joy, let me know and I'll see if I can pull a few strings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers Matt.

The dealers been really good and I've kept patient. But it does show that there is very little experience in dealing with Insignias from both a dealership and Vauxhall Technical basis.

Hopefully as more are sold the knowledge of the support side will also grow.

Thread Information