User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Could water in the passenger footwell be the cause of all my problems??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Could water in the passenger footwell be the cause of all my problems??

Hey,

I recently put up a thread in the electrical section about this but its not got too much attention unfortunately so i decided to ask this question here.

Long story short my car is draining the battery overnight, its at the dealers where i bought it (3 months ago) now and they have been trying to get it sorted for me, people have said that i should check ampages coming off the battery etc etc but i cant, its 120 miles away and i just have to trust that the dealer has done these checks for me.

What i have done though is have a look through the manual and seen that there is a fusebox behind the glovebox on the passenger side of the car, now this may be a coincidence but the passenger side footwell is/was sopping wet, i unblocked the drain under the bonnet a few weeks back, has the water seeped through and interfered with the fusebox do you think? How much am i looking at to have this fixed and is it possible that the car was like this when they sold it to me? i.e. with a sopping wet passanger floor and possible wet fusebox? I thought i checked the car out ok but checking that the floor is wet didnt come into my mind as well, wish it ****in did now!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It could be, either way you should get it dried out asap.
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by orangepeeleo View Post
    Hey,

I recently put up a thread in the electrical section about this but its not got too much attention unfortunately so i decided to ask this question here.

Long story short my car is draining the battery overnight, its at the dealers where i bought it (3 months ago) now and they have been trying to get it sorted for me, people have said that i should check ampages coming off the battery etc etc but i cant, its 120 miles away and i just have to trust that the dealer has done these checks for me.

What i have done though is have a look through the manual and seen that there is a fusebox behind the glovebox on the passenger side of the car, now this may be a coincidence but the passenger side footwell is/was sopping wet, i unblocked the drain under the bonnet a few weeks back, has the water seeped through and interfered with the fusebox do you think? How much am i looking at to have this fixed and is it possible that the car was like this when they sold it to me? i.e. with a sopping wet passanger floor and possible wet fusebox? I thought i checked the car out ok but checking that the floor is wet didnt come into my mind as well, wish it ****in did now!
    In regards to the wet floor, do you have A/C in your motor, the drains for my AC would block every now and then and flood the passenger floor well, i taken the car back to the dealers the first time but the AC appeared fine, they even stated i left the passenger window down, even though the car automatically closes any windows when the close button on the key fob is held down. turns out the drain would block with a little ice then it would drain once the ice melted in the morning

Thread Information