Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default engine managment light

Hi
    Got a vectra cdti 55 plate with 64k, I have only had it for 2 weeks but done a few miles in it, it seems to be showing signs of needing the egr cleaned which i am going to to tommorow, only thing is today the EM light comes on after a few minutes, does the EGR valve cause the light ot come on? or am I going to have to look for some thing else? also where are is the swirl bar located?

cheers Mat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hello matreya whats happening with your car exactly..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

slow below 2000 rpm engine light just came on on my way home, but haven't noticed any thing different than the car was already doing, ie lack of power below 2000 rpm. it also has the old style injector connectors so would a fault on the 3rd injector make the light come on? once i got home i turned the engine of and on again the light only came on after reving the engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yeah it does sound like your egr valve is on its way out .I honestly think if you give it a good clean tomorrow it should sort your problems out ,and if this proves to be the case your warning light should go off after a few days anyhow.
    ps not sure if 3rd injecter fault will throw up a fault warning light ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah thats what i was figuring was the problem, got no indication that it has ever been changed, didn't think that the injector showed a fault but just checking, strangely my car according to the TIS information and my engine number should have the new blue injector connectors, but it still has the old yellow ones on it, i'll give that a good clean too. might try to make a reducing gasket for the Egr too while its off!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by matreya View Post
    Yeah thats what i was figuring was the problem, got no indication that it has ever been changed, didn't think that the injector showed a fault but just checking, strangely my car according to the TIS information and my engine number should have the new blue injector connectors, but it still has the old yellow ones on it, i'll give that a good clean too. might try to make a reducing gasket for the Egr too while its off!
    I could be wrong but i thought it was late 2007ish for blue injecter plugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

maybe was just going by the engune numbers mentioned in one of these the threads about this issue, where some one copied the TIS info, probably I have read it wrong, nevertheless it has the bad yellow plugs. i'll have a poke around tomo, otherwise will have to call the dealer as it has a 3 month warranty on it. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well striped the EGR and gave it a really good clean the actuator was well corroded so had to use a bit of emery paper to get it off, slapped a load of grease in and put it back together! when i took it apart there was no gasket where it fits on to the plenum not didn't think that was right as yesterday in the stealers i remember seeing one on the EPC, so i made one up for it out of some very thin aluminium, and made it with a slightly reduced gap in it, also made a new one for the inlet side to with a 8mm hole in it, cleaned the boost sensor which was filthy the yellow part was totally black but looked like new once i had done with it, also took the baffle out of the airbox and because i think the mesh in the MAF really hinders the air flow took that out too, (done that with all the cars i have had and never had a problem) started it up and it was much better below 2k rpm only problem the engine light the one VX call the emission light is on now so Guessing the hole in the inlet gasket is a bit to small, if it is not raining tomo, i'll take out my gasket and try it again to confirm it is that. if it is as i suspect i'll just up the hole size until the light goes out. To finish off i added insignia washer jets too, much better although think i will have to mess around with the adjustment, but not today had enough of the rain.

Thread Information