Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Help required please

long story short about a year ago i injured my knee at work and the company would not give me any help which has directly led me to do something silly and now looks inevetable (apsolutley no doubt) i will get the sack on friday, but my question is do i jump before they push me, ie resign before they can sack me and leave with a clean record but that will still leave me with my injured knee and unable to start a new job, can i sue them any help would be much apreciated thankyou.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

3 yrs to put a claim in mate........i`d been at my current job for 3 months(even tho i`d been doin it for another company for 10 yrs,so not inexperienced) hurt my hand and still off and got a good claim goin through cos it was their broken tools

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

Year : 2006

get in touch with a claims company asap
    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you resign the worst they can do is say on a reference request that that you left either under investigation or during a disciplinary process. If you wait they can say you were dismissed for gross misconduct (or whatever). References have to be factual. As you are thinking of leaving anyway why not ring up and offer to save them the trouble and cost of holding a formal meeting by resigning provided they agree to supply a neutral reference IE not a poor reference. Unless they have an axe to grind why wouldn't they accept ? I’ve known our company supply a safe reference for an manager who stole money to save tribuneral costs.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yeah my old company gave a load of us all glowing references,been there 10 yrs and they made out like i was great,when they knew who they wanted rid of really ie the trouble makers and the ones they couldn`t push about

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the advice my other question is, i have been to the doctors today and got a sick note for 4 weeks although i am currently suspended if i put the sick note in can they still sack me?.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

even if your off work - they can call you in for a meeting at any time - or visit you at home - the end result would be the same - there is also no requirement for them to pay you anything other than SSP if you were off as well - cut your losses - and resign with grace = then you can contest you initial injury

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Right,and i speak to you as a former shop steward for the t &g which is now unite.

You state that you have done something stupid and its inevitable and without any doubt that you will be sacked,you also say that in mitigation you have not had any help from your employers.

You absolutely in my opinion have to attend the disiplinary and with another representative pressent acting as witness and my advice would be take some kind of personal voice recorder in with you if that is at all possible,your management cant refuse this,that way you will be getting everything from the horses mouth so to speak.

As far as bad refs are concerned if you are dissmissed you must ask them and your HR department to word it this way(this employee has left by mutual consent) and make sure it states only this,and if anything else is written it is unlawfull.

One last thing with you being dissmised by mutual consent, this does not in anyway affect your future benefit entitlement.

Then go about sorting your claim out and good luck.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by macdad View Post
    Right,and i speak to you as a former shop steward for the t &g which is now unite.

You state that you have done something stupid and its inevitable and without any doubt that you will be sacked,you also say that in mitigation you have not had any help from your employers.

You absolutely in my opinion have to attend the disiplinary and with another representative pressent acting as witness and my advice would be take some kind of personal voice recorder in with you if that is at all possible,your management cant refuse this,that way you will be getting everything from the horses mouth so to speak.

As far as bad refs are concerned if you are dissmissed you must ask them and your HR department to word it this way(this employee has left by mutual consent) and make sure it states only this,and if anything else is written it is unlawfull.

One last thing with you being dissmised by mutual consent, this does not in anyway affect your future benefit entitlement.

Then go about sorting your claim out and good luck.
    Thanks for the advice, our unite rep is useless and always takes the easy way out to the companys benifit.

Thread Information