User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: HELP Please, only one wiper!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lincs
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default HELP Please, only one wiper!

    Just been driving in the pouring rain and the passenger side wiper arm has failed!
    I've been under the bonnet and the connecting arm is off/loose both sides. I've tied elastic and cable tied it, but what is best long term. Can you just buy that connecting arm? Will that cure it?

    Cheers

    Paul.

  2. #2
    Regular Member RobW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tain - Easter Ross
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Common fault, I have cable ties holding mine together but the best fix is replacing the linkage.

    Been covered quite a bit on here already, loads of threads.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lincs
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Common fault, I have cable ties holding mine together but the best fix is replacing the linkage.

    Been covered quite a bit on here already, loads of threads.
    Ok, thanks. When you say replace linkage, is that literally what you mean. Just that connecting bar/rod?

    Cheers.

  4. #4
    Regular Member RobW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tain - Easter Ross
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats






  5. #5
    Regular Member peadar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    in the glens of Antrim N Ireland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SRI

    Trim : FULL LEATHER

    Engine : 2.2 DTI

    Year : 2003

    Mileage : 197,000

    Default

    this is my 3rd vecy c and the same happened to them all , i tie them together with a good strong rubber band the last one was like that for over a year

  6. #6
    Regular Member kentish_bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sittingbourne, Kent
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 1.8 VVT

    Year : 2009

    Mileage : 42800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pauldellboy View Post
    Just been driving in the pouring rain and the passenger side wiper arm has failed!
    I've been under the bonnet and the connecting arm is off/loose both sides. I've tied elastic and cable tied it, but what is best long term. Can you just buy that connecting arm? Will that cure it?

    Cheers

    Paul.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldellboy View Post
    Ok, thanks. When you say replace linkage, is that literally what you mean. Just that connecting bar/rod?

    Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar View Post
    this is my 3rd vecy c and the same happened to them all , i tie them together with a good strong rubber band the last one was like that for over a year
    rubber isnt a good idea as it perishes over time.

    i had this happen last year during some very heavy rain in the outside lane of a motorway.

    my solution was to use 3 cable ties, 1 each round the 2 rods & 1 between those 2 cable ties, this was to give the whole thing a bit more flexibility. tested it afterwards & worked a treat & has been working fine for over 6 months now. a replacement mechanism is around £80, little point wasting money getting 1 from a breakers, that could fail too. i would save my money & use cable ties, quick & easy to replace & i get the odd few for free.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wiper nut
    By dilan in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25th November 2012, 00:12
  2. wiper arm
    By ian1401 in forum Bodywork & Interior
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28th March 2012, 14:42
  3. Wiper Linkage - failed O/S Wiper
    By silver-tongue in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15th February 2011, 10:29
  4. FLAT FUSION WIPER BLADES KYODO WIPER BLADES Dynamic Flexi Wiper Blades
    By korlinski in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 25th June 2007, 19:40

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •