Hi,
My first post since purchasing my 56plate CDTi 150 Vectra and probably the opposite question to what most ask!

Since buying the car i have discovered by a careful look through all the paperwork that the car has been remapped.

I've pretty much been there and done the tuning thing and not really interested with this car, i just need a nice reliable family car so was thinking about having the ECU reset to standard, i just don't want the risk of problems and really am happy with standard power.

Question is where to go for a reset? Spoke to my local VX dealer who said they should be able to do the work for £55 but as they had never actually tried to do this before he wasn't 100% sure that it would work. Does anyone know if a Vauxhall dealer will be able to reset the ecu to factory settings ok?

The other option i have is to go back to the place where the remap was done, he said that they still had the file for the car and would do the reset for £35 but they aren't too local to me and really i'd rather the dealers take care of it just to make sure its right.

I need a service too, don't suppose its something the dealer would do as part of the service is it?

Any advice please?

Cheers