Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default dmf help

as above the dreaded dual mass flywheel looks like its on its last legs ,i was wondering if anyone has had theres done in the teeside area as i work this way and can recomend a good garage to go to and a rough idea whot it will cost me ,thanks in advance

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by tonyord View Post
    as above the dreaded dual mass flywheel looks like its on its last legs ,i was wondering if anyone has had theres done in the teeside area as i work this way and can recomend a good garage to go to and a rough idea whot it will cost me ,thanks in advance
    Same here.... info would be nice. Also got an AA warrnty and was wondering if any one has had the DMF changed under that.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

Year : 2006

prices vary for the labour but seem to be in the ball park of £350. The parts will cost you about £950 for the dmf and clutch which is recommended to be done while you have the engine out, that is the vx main stealer prices or you can shop around and buy them cheaper.. If your dmf has started knocking you can still drive on it, i have for a further 10k miles.. That will give you time to but the parts, for example i got lucky and bought a clutch and dmf for £275.. Some have paid places around £650 for parts and labour.

Quite a few of the guys have had theirs changed and the prices do vary according to where you get it done etc.

The AA warranty does cover the dmf and clutch but they only pay for the first £500 of the claim, which can't be sniffed at..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_nige View Post
    prices vary for the labour but seem to be in the ball park of £350. The parts will cost you about £950 for the dmf and clutch which is recommended to be done while you have the engine out, that is the vx main stealer prices or you can shop around and buy them cheaper.. If your dmf has started knocking you can still drive on it, i have for a further 10k miles.. That will give you time to but the parts, for example i got lucky and bought a clutch and dmf for £275.. Some have paid places around £650 for parts and labour.

Quite a few of the guys have had theirs changed and the prices do vary according to where you get it done etc.

The AA warranty does cover the dmf and clutch but they only pay for the first £500 of the claim, which can't be sniffed at..
    Thanks Nige,
    Its the AA gold warranty and nowhere does it say that the DMF is limited to a £500 pound limit. The single claim limit is £2000. Will this mean that the whole claim will be paid. Thanks again
    Chris

Thread Information