Thread: Warranty Direct or AA Warranty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Warranty Direct or AA Warranty

Ok, am paying £35 pm for the warranty direct cover, i used to have the AA was something like £10 pm, which allowes you to claim £500 per claim, 5 x a year , minus excess of £25

Should i go back to AA, not had any issues really with the car, as she is well maintained.....

Just thinking of cost here

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I presently have the Tesco cover but need to look elsewhere as they have stopped car warranty ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Im thinking of getting the warranty direct cover, the only thing i need clarification on is whether the DMF, and Swirl Valves/Inlet Manifold will be covered.

Some spurious wording in the T&C's that make me think otherwise.
    My Network Q runs out on 24th March, though it can be extended for 1 more year, but it wont cover brakes/battery or clutch at the next reneewal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yeh they are m8 i have warrenty with warrenty direct and asked the same question mine is 25 a month but stay well clear of aa there **** i had a megane cc 04 and the linkage to 5th gear **** ya think fine warrenty covers it well it didnt i got the bill for £700 cancelled warrenty next day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by barkzz View Post
    Im thinking of getting the warranty direct cover, the only thing i need clarification on is whether the DMF, and Swirl Valves/Inlet Manifold will be covered.

My Network Q runs out on 24th March, though it can be extended for 1 more year, but it wont cover brakes/battery or clutch at the next reneewal
    It covers everything else, plus a lot more than most warrantys will!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by webber1987 View Post
    yeh they are m8 i have warrenty with warrenty direct and asked the same question mine is 25 a month but stay well clear of aa there **** i had a megane cc 04 and the linkage to 5th gear **** ya think fine warrenty covers it well it didnt i got the bill for £700 cancelled warrenty next day

Well if its definately covered that's what ill be going for then.
    Aint no way do i want the full bill for DMF etc, that alone could cost £1200.

Plus factor in £800ish for manifold and fitting, and i think that the plan would more than pay for itself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spennny View Post
    Ok, am paying £35 pm for the warranty direct cover, i used to have the AA was something like £10 pm, which allowes you to claim £500 per claim, 5 x a year , minus excess of £25

Should i go back to AA, not had any issues really with the car, as she is well maintained.....

Quote Originally Posted by barkzz View Post

DO NOT invest any money in the warranty direct / warranties 2000 theres a reason they use loads of different names

they are dog **** had my car covered with them and it had a load of problems and all they fixed was a calliper and even made me pay for the cost of a new gearbox as a part broke inside and on there warranty it covers everythng to do witha gearbox yet they still managed to blame it on wear and tear and incorrect driving!!

Dragged them through the courts where they had a reputation and got my money back but i have heard multiple stories about them they are badgers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme01 View Post
    DO NOT invest any money in the warranty direct / warranties 2000 theres a reason they use loads of different names

they are dog **** had my car covered with them and it had a load of problems and all they fixed was a calliper and even made me pay for the cost of a new gearbox as a part broke inside and on there warranty it covers everythng to do witha gearbox yet they still managed to blame it on wear and tear and incorrect driving!!

Dragged them through the courts where they had a reputation and got my money back but i have heard multiple stories about them they are badgers
    Any tips on who to go with then?

Warranty direct do support wear and tear parts though, its clearly listed in their T's & C's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spennny View Post

Arent you referring to AA breakdown repair cover? £25 excess, they pay bill up to £500, ( a kind of warranty, but really if the AA man cant fix you at the roadside, under certain conditions, will recover you to an approved garage where they do the work up to £500 and you only pay £25. Ive got it, love it, used it once on the popular alternator fault)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by hertscol View Post
    Arent you referring to AA breakdown repair cover? £25 excess, they pay bill up to £500, ( a kind of warranty, but really if the AA man cant fix you at the roadside, under certain conditions, will recover you to an approved garage where they do the work up to £500 and you only pay £25. Ive got it, love it, used it once on the popular alternator fault)
    Yeah thats the one mate, i cancelled it and took out warranty direct gold cover or something after all the horror stories on here , lol,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information