User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Remember to watch out for bikers :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john.robertson2 View Post
    if the biker comes round a corner far too quick and the car pulls out of the junction whats the car driver meant to do?
    Have your window open a crack if is a blind corner and always check right then left then right again, Not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs but its gonna hit you from the right first always so it doesn't hurt to check that first and double check it.

Thats how I got knocked off, tw@t was looking left as he pulled out, if I could have got up I would have lumped him, Like I said to him as I was calling the ambulance from the gutter. (broken collar bone)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I always move over for bikers when they are filtering, don't know why people get so angry and try to block them - yes they will filter through traffic, but they're also going to arrive wearing dripping wet leathers etc and have to haul about a helmet.
    There's positives and negatives to both cars and bikes, people need to get over it and respect one another.

Had the strangest incident this morning- was in lane 2 of a 3 lane roundabout, biker is filtering inbetween lane 1 and 2. White van man in lane 1 tries to close the gap between him and me so that the biker can't filter, I didn't notice what was happening till the last minute and managed to move over into lane 3, but too late the biker has brushed past the van, we approach the lights at that moment and I'm stopped in lane 2, with the bike infront of the van in lane 1 and the van driver gets out and tries to tell the biker that he's scratched the van with his "gear" because he was driving too close to the van!

Needless to say the biker just drove straight off at the lights and I wound down the window and told the van driver to stop acting so childish. TBH if I was in the bikers position I doubt I would have been able to control myself from giving his mirror a kick and booting it through the yellow light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : M5

Trim : Nothing needs adding

Engine : 5.0 V10

Year : 07

Mileage : 37000

I rode bikes for years and am always careful as I was knocked several times by car drivers that just didn't see me or my dipped headlights. One accident had me in hospital for 6 weeks in traction and I remember the pain now and the effects it had on my personal life as I was dropped from the RN intake I had been booked on at Devenport, don't want to be the cause of that for anybody else regardless of blame.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information