0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wrong ppl, Wrong Job

It's dawned on me, all over Blighty (England) ppl are in positions they are not qualified or proficient in, me as you know is a lowly cabbie, only appreciated when.

1 The Police need help

2 Whe someone is in labour or bleeding

I'm sick of "mates" getting jobs they should not be in, isn't it about time instead of a college degree, experience in the field counted, the longer this **** goes on the more determined I am to emigrate.

There are ppl, who dont need a paper to say they can do it, I can sell a car, by being honest about it, but the course says...create the desire, if i ever decide to sell cars, my customers will only drive the car after i have and I'm happy it's not wrongun, and even then if they do have trouble I would try to resolve it, my case is, from my own experience, if a customer goes out happy, and remains that way he brings his cash again next time, if he has a sour taste, he does not return and tells everyone he knows.

Example #2, roads, why do ppl who have little road experience get these jobs, surely you would employ someone who knows the roads, cabbies, bus drivers, lorry drivers, to sum up, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND puts road humps in? 999 is delayed, cars are damaged leading to eco damage, why not control the traffic another way, I have a fav, but I'm not saying what it is, cos why should I help a browser in that job to get the nod for my ideas.

P poor in my opinion, I've lived a life where when I was 18 I had no experience so no job, to the latest 40 and you are too old, we want young mupps that appear to not be in control, but really are after our intensive, how to rook ppl course and sleep at night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having worked for the highways department I can confirm that there are 3 types of ‘hump’.

1 is a speed table which has a small incline, a flat area usually the size of a car, then a drop. Usually seen at junctions to keep traffic turning speeds down.
    2 is a speed hump, probably what you refer to. A full width hump in the road. This is an old fashioned way of restricting speed and isn’t used much these days.
    3 is speed cushion, which is a small square hump in the road. Usually 3 across the width. These are designed to be driven over at 20mph without causing damage to a regular car. They are also narrow enough for an ambulance or bus to travel over without either wheel being affected so if constructed in accordance with approaved drawings, should not have any impact on 999 or public transport. If they are unusually steep or large, contact your local council.

Re jobs that youre mates shouldn’t be in, if you are so good, why not get a degree as well. You can do it part time, then you’ll have experience AND qualifications. Instead of moaning about it and getting nowhere instead of more into you own little hole, do something about it.

spoons

You dont sound happy mate..

Find out what you would like to do..... within reason, and go and talk to people to find out how to get there.

Education, skills, qualifications etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't get if you don't try. Why not join the ranks of these people who can't do their job?

spoons

OK, so here is some free advice.....

Take a look at this book

Marketing Yourself: How to Sell Yourself and Get the Jobs You've Always Wanted by Dorothy Leeds

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...lance&n=266239

I have used this book in the past, and I cannot emphasise enough, how good it is.... worked for me, when I was stupid enough to work for other people in the first place

Now, if its motivation you need, and you need to understand what is driving you and what you actually need, rather than what you think you need....

Check out Anthony Robbins - Personal Power II

http://www.energisesuccess.com/item-...FQjEEAodTFFVHw

I have used this course as well and it is also highly recommended. (once you get past the American Style Hyper-ness)

If you follow them through, you will thank me for the positive difference. But I wont accept your thanks, just 10% of your Nett gain will do

For professional career advice, my rates are £1,200 +VAT per day (09:00-17:30)
    Last edited by spoons; 5th July 2006 at 14:31.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    3 is speed cushion, which is a small square hump in the road. Usually 3 across the width. These are designed to be driven over at 20mph without causing damage to a regular car. They are also narrow enough for an ambulance or bus to travel over without either wheel being affected so if constructed in accordance with approaved drawings, should not have any impact on 999 or public transport. If they are unusually steep or large, contact your local council.
    Regular car maybe, and if there isn`t someone parked beside or in front of it !! Blommin pain in the ar$e these things and they are sprouting up everywhere ... Jeez don`t get me going on speed humps ....

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Re jobs that youre mates shouldn’t be in, if you are so good, why not get a degree as well. You can do it part time, then you’ll have experience AND qualifications. Instead of moaning about it and getting nowhere instead of more into you own little hole, do something about it.
    As he said, no one is going to knock on your door and offer you a job, you need to get out there and convince someone they need you working for them, determination is what it takes to get the job, you then need the knowledge to back it up, if your mates can`t do the job they won`t last long !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you need a laugh VV then have a look at some of the foreign lifestyle programmes on TV (place in the sun etc). Unless you are in the forces or on a work placement, it is extremely difficult to become established even if you have plenty of cash. The Brits in Spain for instance will tell you the best way to make a small fortune is to start off with a big one! Loads of people waste money buying bars etc to end up working 17 hours a day in relentless heat to find they don't have enough money left to live on because there aren't enough customers to spread round. Also, if you want to see nepotism at it's worst, buy a flight and try and find yourself some decent well paid work. Unless you are extremely lucky, it is very difficult. Having said this (and there's loads more I could mention) I would not say don't emigrate, just that the grass is a different shade of green. You don't know what you've got until it's gone. By the way, I say this after ten years of living abroad. I had to come back for an operation and realised the UK is not so bad after all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Streaky, never a true'r word spoken mate

@ Spoons, cheers bud I'll have a look, but I dont really have the time for re training

@ Andy, we have both of the hump types, some are nothing more than kerbs imo, oh and now its spread to, lets get some fancy expensive flagstones and turn the road into rollercoaster, even at 20mph these things are still stressing the cars bushes, and even some of them still ground the splitter at slow speeds.

And i wasn't really having a go at the Highways agency, more the chief engineer in my area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheer up vv, Ive got b45tard road humps in and out of my estate, and yes I do wonder what this country is coming to, and would love to live abroad, and sometimes I feel undervalued......but hey mate we are living, breathing, and can always moan on here...you never know whats around the corner...keep ya chin up and dont let the b45tards grind you down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information