Well i'm back and I have literally hundreds of photos for you!
I've uploaded them to Facebook over 3 albums and hopefully the links will all work OK
Anyway, what a show, it's something certainly to experience at least once.
The flight is just 1h 30m and the arena is actually connected to the airport. We stayed at the Ibis hotel next to the airport and really couldn't have worked out any better. Although Geneva is a touch on the expensive side, flights were just £80 return and the rooms were £50 per night! Tip for anyone that goes next year, change your money in Geneva, don't do it here!
The size of the show is collossal! It's spread over 7 halls and god knows how far we walked in total. The women are just attractive as the cars too, simply stunning, even the less good looking looked good!
The future does seem to unfortunately be ....... electric/Hybrid, for the mainstream manufacturers anyway. Most of the concepts were Hybrids but still had the exotic cars with some thumping engines!
Some interesting things noted .....
- Rolls Royces (well this one in particular) run on NCT5's, something us lowley Vectra owners can say we have in common with the super rich.
- The Insignia VXR/OPC is stunning!
- The Koenigsegg CCXR trumps the Veyron at 1018 BHP
- A Veyron is assembled in 2 parts!
- Ferrari showed a car with KERS
- Porsche were hiding something on their new Carrera GT (branded something else I cant remember, F18 or something) which looked to be some brake technology. Album 3
- I realise I am very poor