Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up AT last....

Well as most probably know from the vast amount of posts regarding screens and cdc40 I've been trying to upgrade my stereo and failing miserably.
    1st I tried to just change the tid to one with bc functions and several screens and visits to plasma for tech2 I was still no better off so I thought id bite the bullet and buy a paired hu and display... After hours of hunting over eBay and the forum I found cdc40 for sale... After haggling I managed to get screen and stereo for £160 delivered... Touch!!! Or so I thought, bits arrived well packaged so imagine my disappointment to find out the changer was damaged. The seller adament it was all working prior to removal yet when I stripped it down I found 6 discs still in it.... Who sells a cd player with discsin it?
    Few phone calls later and managed to get £40 back... Suppose it's something.... So back to eBay try to find a doner hu to rob the changer out of... £70 later I recieve my refurbed cdc40 from Germany... A few screws later front facia and changer was swapped over, in the car and working..... AT LAST!!!
    Thanks to everyone who gave advice.

My advice to anyone planing a tid upgrade - buy a paired set and just plug it in.

I now have a spare blaukpunt cdc40 unpaired ecu and unmarked silver facia plate that I'm considering selling on if anyones interested.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

what stereo did you have before the change? cd30+tid?

did you have to get the bc activated with tech 2?
    glad you got it sorted, would love to change my cd30+tid but seems a bit complex??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Energy

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 131,000

Glad it's sorted Rick.

what stereo did you have before the change? cd30+tid?

did you have to get the bc activated with tech 2?
    glad you got it sorted, would love to change my cd30+tid but seems a bit complex??

Hope Rick doesn't mind if I pipe in, but we discussed this situation at various stages....
    Think it was CD30 and TID initially. (although some do confuse it with a BID)

I assume the BC functionality has not changed, as Tech 2 will not have been used...(pre paired up units). And the settings are in the screen.

Regarding changing up....nah, it's not that difficult.
    Only depends on where you start from and where you wish to go to.
    If you are talking October 2004 onwards cars, which are fitted with CD30, CDC40 and CD70 Navi radios, then I myself or a few others can discuss and guide you as required. (Kman, Bigmac and Kenp are big movers in this field).

Only looks daunting, but really quite straight forward.
    Usually plug and play, however some people need to add one or two wires to their set-up.
    Feel free to ask, but do note that there are loads of threads about all the radios you mention.

Make full use of the Search Function...

Thread Information