Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Average Wait Times

Now I know I run the risk of sounding like a petulent child, but .....

How long have people had to wait from signed order forms going into their dealers, to sitting behind the wheel of the very own Insignias ?

"I'm soo excited and I just can't fight it - ohh yeaahh"

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Bmw 330d

Trim : Msport

Engine : 3.0d

Year : 2008

when orded at the time a new o8 vectra had to wait 8 weeks but then a extra 2 cause their was a shortage of adaptive light lenses. didn't do the poll cause thought it was for insignias only

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've bought 2 new Insignia's in the past, the first one was actually after visiting the motorshow, when they were shown officially to the public.

That one took about 15 weeks from date of order, received it in the first week of February I think, the next one was ordered towards the end of April, and I received that one on May 29th. (unfortunately that one turned out to be nothing but trouble and went back to VX after 13 weeks)

Delays for new Insignia's are very dependant on what optional extra's you order with it. If you order a bog standard exclusiv model, (their best seller) Those come though very quickly indeed, if not within a few days via another dealer. Its when you start adding things like the Nav and special options when the long delays start to occur.

Anyway matey, whatever you have ordered, I hope it turns out to be a good one for you.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by 67688c View Post
    Delays for new Insignia's are very dependant on what optional extra's you order with it. If you order a bog standard exclusiv model, (their best seller) Those come though very quickly indeed, if not within a few days via another dealer. Its when you start adding things like the Nav and special options when the long delays start to occur.

Anyway matey, whatever you have ordered, I hope it turns out to be a good one for you.
    I was told it would be around 8 weeks, subject to various fluctuations which cannot be foreseen, which I guess is average for most new cars, I've opted for the Elite Nav EcoFlex 2.0 cdti in White with the Bluetooth and Infinity Speakers.

When I went out shopping for a new car, I was very suprised at the 6 month wait for even a VW Golf, 4 months if I wanted another QashQai, so in the end settled for the Insignia's 8 week ETA.

Out of curiosity are all Insignia's built is Germany or does VX have a UK assemble line too ?

Fingers crossed it all goes well.....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by myworlduk View Post
    Out of curiosity are all Insignia's built is Germany or does VX have a UK assemble line too ?

Fingers crossed it all goes well.....
    Yep AFAIK they are all built in Germany, it's just the new Astra that's built in the UK.

Worth mentioning BTW, when you receive your car which I hope will be a good one for you matey, check for any peeling of the matt finish on trims especially along the vent slats, both of our's and 2 others I've seen including a recent showroom one had issues with peeling away of the finish on the slats. Hopefully current models are okay.
    VX only have a 12month warranty on any trims, so any issues get them sorted in the 1st year. However, I believe they have now sorted out most of the earlier common problems they had.

Many of the early DMF failures they suffered from were sorted when VX changed their suppliers, they have also strenghened the front top left engine mount which used to fracture, and a couple of issues with the 1.8vvt engine have now been sorted too.

Also worth noting is the fact that VX revised the torq rating for the Insignia's wheel nuts up to 140nm, after a few issue's with wheels coming lose. That's pretty tight, being that the vecs are only 110nm. I would'nt recommend you tighten the locking nuts that tight however.
    I actually phoned VX to double check as it seemed a lot to me, but apparently it is correct.

I've certainly noticed a increase lately of users on the forum switching over to the Insignia, there is no doubt it is a very seductive car, I still get a bit excited myself when buying a new car... got to have your toys!..lol My first was a 160 Nav version and was pretty trouble free, at least for the first 24k miles, and his still being used today in the business. My second however, which was just the 1.8vvt with pluspack had nothing but problems, it eventually went back to VX after just 13 weeks.

I do think they are a nice looking car, and certainly appear a lot of car for your money, though a little more sound proofing would have been nice. Though we all have our own idea's where things could have been done better, and that applies to my current BM too lol

Anyway.. I hope you guys enjoy your new cars.
    Last edited by 67688c; 9th March 2010 at 08:35.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes it depends on the model and equipment. The explanation i got with the vectra was that they produce them in batches. So if you order an Elite, you have to wait a few weeks until the next run of Elites are made. I guess adding optional extras makes this potentially even longer.

I was quoted 8 weeks, got it in about 5.

Thread Information