Thread: Help!!which model to buy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Smile Help!!which model to buy

Looking to replace our fiesta with something bigger but not sure which vectra model to go for.
    Looking to get a diesel model as i do about 600 miles a week traveling to work and back, idealy i want something that we can use to travel on holiday with so it needs to have a bit of omph in it.
    Have been looking at either the 1.9 cdti or 3.0 cdti, would idealy like a elite but they seem harder to find so have also been looking at the sri`s.
    What models do you suggest and whats the real world figures from these 2 models using on half A roads and half duel carriageways, looking to spend up to £4000

Thanks
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by paul4400 View Post
    Looking to replace our fiesta with something bigger but not sure which vectra model to go for.
    Looking to get a diesel model as i do about 600 miles a week traveling to work and back, idealy i want something that we can use to travel on holiday with so it needs to have a bit of omph in it.
    Have been looking at either the 1.9 cdti or 3.0 cdti, would idealy like a elite but they seem harder to find so have also been looking at the sri`s.
    What models do you suggest and whats the real world figures from these 2 models using on half A roads and half duel carriageways, looking to spend up to £4000

Thanks
    Paul
    Not a diesel man myself so you'll have to wait for the others, but would have thought you could easily squeeze that sort of mileage out of a tank and a bit from a 1.9 cdti. Also if you want to go for a bit of tuning at some stage I believe the 1.9 cdti 150 is the one to go for - the 3.0 cdti apparently doesn't have much going for it tuningwise although I may be corrected, however it does sound fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi Dual Fuel NAV

Trim : PreFace SRi

Engine : 1.8 LPG

Year : 53

have you thought about a dualfuel? runs on LPG gas and petrol. £18 will get u a full tank of 45litres. will give u around 300+ miles depending on how u drive it.

PaZ!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Go for a nice 3.0 cdti, plenty good enough as standard and like said they do sound the part, plus i used to own one. A 1.9 can be a bit of a money pit, especially when messed about with. If you want the sporty look then an sri would be the one but try and get one with extras like leather, xenons, nav and park assit. Or if you want comfort then elite is the way, but again try and get one with extras as standard elites are pretty basic apart from standard leather nav and auto lights and wipers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I held out in my search & found my 1.9 elite with factory Xp kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by alanv6 View Post
    A 1.9 can be a bit of a money pit, especially when messed about with.
    Not sure about this - I think it's just this is a forum about cars so people will post when things go wrong more than they would if things are just working as normal.

In the least Maverick will be along shortly with his 200,000 miles of driving 1.9 CDTis without a single problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well thats my personal opinion and working at a dealership i see enough of them with flywheel, egr, inlet manifold, alternator, crankshaft/belt drive gear, waterpump faults, my mate also owns a 200k taxi 1.9 and the last 100k its been fairly good but its had everything replaced now so would be expected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Smile Help!!which model to buy

Whats the mpg like on the 3.0 as thats my prefered one but i heard that the tax on that one was going to go up but not sure by how much??

Was looking at a simple plug and play upgrade to, just to help things along, if i want to have a mad blast i take the evo out but for every day use for me its not to good so the mrs has it as her shopping car.
    I have been using the fiesta now for the last 3 years and want something thats bigger and able to overtake snails, tractors, push bikes, mobility scooters safely with

thanks for your replys

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They are resonable 30+ round town good 40s on a run but depends how you drive it. I wouldnt entertain any such tuning on a v6 diesel they dont like it can cause problems with high pressure pumps and can be a bit pricey to repair, try one youll be inpressed with them as standard, theres not much in it between a 1.9 and v6, just the v6 has nice linear power where as a 1.9 is all or nothing. Also the 1.9 is a cheaper tax band at 150 a year and the v6 i think is still the normal 215 a year

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : BMW 525i

Trim : M-Sport

Engine : 2.5l Straight 6

Never mind the vectra, i wanna see more pics and spec of the motor in your avatar!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information