Thread: Trying to Get Alignment Done

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Trying to Get Alignment Done

I changed the track rod ends yesterday, as I had a day off work. Today, during my lunchbreak, I thought I'd get the wheel alignment checked.

Went to ATS and asked if they could do it while I waited, "Not today, might be able to fit you in tomorrow".

Next, to Kwik Fit (not my favourite place!) and asked the same thing. "Can't do it today, I'm waiting for the alignment machine to be fixed". Strange that his colleague hadn't mentioned that when I phoned earlier that day to ask the price and he'd offered to book me in.

Next, to STS Tyre Pro. I parked up outside their reception area and the manager, who I've seen before, came running out and tried to yank my driver's door open (it was locked). I opened the window and was about to ask why he was asking for a slap, when he started shouting "THERE'S A BOMB SCARE AT THIS END OF THE HIGH STREET WE CAN'T LET ANY CUSTOMERS IN YOU HAVE TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!" Calm down fella I told him.

Next to another branch of Kwik Fit, this one with virtually no parking facilities (or rather 3 spaces, all taken up by their staff). I drove into the workshop and a monkey with a broom asked if I could perhaps park it outside next to the black VW. Is there a space there, I asked. Yes definately, he replied. I reversed out into the busy road and looked at the "space next to the black VW" and I tell you, you couldn't get a BMX in there. Luckilly for broom-boy I couldn't leave the car anywhere near there so I couldn't go and wrap his broom around his neck.

Back to STS Tyre Pro to see if the police had left the high street yet. They had indeed left, but so had the STS staff - they'd shut up shop and b*****g off home.

Finally found a tyre fitters to do the alignment on my way home from work in the evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it never rains but it pours

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The places you mention probably only do "front wheel alignment"

If you want the "real deal" go to alignmycar.co.uk and find someone that uses Hunters equipment
    You may need to make an appointment, so phone a few and see what they have available
    Also, make sure they have the CORRECT settings for your car (as I have now found some don't pay their annual licence and use "generic" settings)

Equally, I would recommend this if suspension parts have been changed

Front wheel alignment is probably acceptable as a short term solution or just to check of the entire alignment is out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    The places you mention probably only do "front wheel alignment"

If you want the "real deal" go to alignmycar.co.uk and find someone that uses Hunters equipment
    You may need to make an appointment, so phone a few and see what they have available
    Also, make sure they have the CORRECT settings for your car (as I have now found some don't pay their annual licence and use "generic" settings)

Equally, I would recommend this if suspension parts have been changed

Front wheel alignment is probably acceptable as a short term solution or just to check of the entire alignment is out

I only needed the fronts done, and that was because I'd changed the track rod ends.

Thread Information