StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Suspensions upgrade: Eibach prokit+ Koni FSD

Hello

Couple quick questions; has anyone installed the mentioned combination to their car and what kind of experiences you have got if you have done this? In a way I am bit skeptical as my car is the bog standard 1.9cdti 8v wagon and would it actually make sense to use that much money on the handling...

Secondly; what would be the best place to purches these components; Larkspeed seems to be the cheapest?

thirdly; is there any parts that would make sense to change at the same time, like tierods or "bumerangs" in the back?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had this setup on my Astra MK5. But I found out eibach spring may be a bit soft for Koni FSD. I think Koni doesn't recommend lowing spring for FSD at all. Under this setup, FSD may bottom out running through pitholes occasionally....

In the end, I had to switch to stiffer spring set which works great for me ... (Vogtland)

Overall, FSD is a good compromise of comfort and handling..... I replaced bilstein B8 with FSD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not know anything about the FSDs, I could not find a lot of information of people fitted them to a Vec. Price is probably one of the main issues, the FSDs are 30% more expensive than a set of B6.

I just fitted a set of B6s in combination with Eibach springs this weekend. And I must say it is a vast improvement over the stock setup.
    The car feels a lot better. Yes, you feel a lot more from the road surface. But I do not think there is a lot of change in comfort, it is now a little more bumpy, but before it was a lot more bouncy (if you know what I mean).
    And even the GF think it is a much better ride.

So what ever amount money you decide to spend on the suspension of the Vec, it is all worth it.

[edit]

On your third point:

Rear and front stabilizer rubbers, easy job while wheels and shocks are off.
    Also get a new set of strut bearings, they are not that expensive and always better to have a fresh set.
    Last edited by yzf1kr; 8th March 2010 at 09:40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yzf1kr View Post
    I do not know anything about the FSDs, I could not find a lot of information of people fitted them to a Vec. Price is probably one of the main issues, the FSDs are 30% more expensive than a set of B6.

I just fitted a set of B6s in combination with Eibach springs this weekend. And I must say it is a vast improvement over the stock setup.
    The car feels a lot better. Yes, you feel a lot more from the road surface. But I do not think there is a lot of change in comfort, it is now a little more bumpy, but before it was a lot more bouncy (if you know what I mean).
    And even the GF think it is a much better ride.
    Like you I gave the FSD's serious consideration but without a few decent reviews I wasn't prepared to take the risk on them.

I fitted Eibach/B6's 2 weeks ago & when I drove out of the drive & down the road it felt very little different from the SRi set up however, it is noticeably harder when driving over rutted roads, but not uncomfortably so. The big plus side comes with handling though, the Vectra now seems to corner much flatter with very little roll, goes where it is pointed & holds a line without complaint - they definitely inspire much more confidence
    without sacrificing comfort.

Thread Information