Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Default Suspension setup advise.

As per my other thread about exhausts. My car is due it's M.O.T. in April and I KNOW it's going to fail on both the exhaust and the rear suspension (shocks being the worst culprits). I've already replaced a few of the smaller bits (control arms, ARB bushes etc) but know the shocks are knackered and I only fitted standard secondhand SRi springs to it because it was all I could afford.

Knowing this, I've decided I've got to take the hit on the credit card (which I really can't afford, but otherwise I'm going to be car less) and if I'm going to start spending largish money on it, I may as well go the whole hog and spend a bit more and put something half decent on it.

So, I'm looking for advice. The favoured option for shocks on here seems to be the Bilsteins, but I'm a little confused about the differences between them. The B4's are obviously nice and cheap, but the B6's are a hell of a lot more yet I can't see any specific differences in them. The next model up above them is silly money. So which is actually best? I want something that makes it feel a lot more sporty and tight and that holds the road a lot better than it does now.

What about springs? The whole thing is just a confusing nightmare for me. I've already PM'd Danboy for a few prices and hopefully he'll come up with some good options for me, but just want some genuine advice from people that have actually done it, there's such a massive selection out there it's ridiculous to try and get your head round.

Do I need different springs and shocks being as it's a saloon? I know physically they're exactly the same, but are the kerb weights massively different?

Any advice or recommendations would be massively appreciated and if anyone knows where you can get a full setup for shirt buttons (lol) let me know, seriously though, if anyone has any pointers on doing it but doing it reasonably cheaply and where from I'd appreciate it.

Thanks guys.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default suspension

hi mate you cant go wrong with eibach if you want to play safe i ran them for about 7 months with no adjustments needed, although always best to have it checked after, i have since changed to coilovers because i wanted a unique stance, i had coilovers fitted supplied by lmf and these were fitted at vauxhall by my mate, i now have a car that sits perfect for me and the handling is superb, supersport are 30 percent uprated from the sri spring and i think excellent value for money, hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just found the supersports on another site funnily enough, damn they're cheap, are they actually any good?

Oh and what are "coilovers" I keep hearing people talking about them, but don't quite get what the difference is.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default coilover

coilover kits allow you to adjust the height of the car to your needs, and they come with 2 year warranty and are german they are excellent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Does anyone know if these are any good? They look too good to be true for the price.

http://www.venommotorsport.com/produ...ory=Suspension

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-Highlander View Post
    Does anyone know if these are any good? They look too good to be true for the price.

http://www.venommotorsport.com/produ...ory=Suspension
    Quick bump, anyone got experience of these kits?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nobody?

Thread Information