User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Front Wheel ABS Plug

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Front Wheel ABS Plug

    Hi, I am trying to connect the front wheel Hub ABS wire to the car's abs wire.

    I just cant seem to figure this out, lol!

    I have a black plastic sleeve which goes on weird (some-what twisted) and the plug itself wont seem to fully click on.. I have no clue :S

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by callist View Post
    Hi, I am trying to connect the front wheel Hub ABS wire to the car's abs wire.

    I just cant seem to figure this out, lol!

    I have a black plastic sleeve which goes on weird (some-what twisted) and the plug itself wont seem to fully click on.. I have no clue :S

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.
    There are 2 different connectors - the one on earlier cars clips on to the back of the wheel arch, and the one on later cars is clipped to the suspension strut. Which one have you got? Can you post a picture?

    The earlier one is just a push-fit with 2 retaining tabs to hold it in place. There's a tab on the inside that only allows you to clip it together the right way round. It's not a great connector - you can just pull it apart without releaseing the tabs and it has a tendancy to leak because the 2 parts don't fit together very well.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Thanks for the reply.

    The type is the one which is attached to the strut.

    I have put it together at the moment (I think I did it right! I hope..)

    However, on the dash, the ABS and a picture of a car skidding is showing (Probably IDS?). Is this normal as it was disconnected? Do I need to simply reset it and if so, how?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by callist View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    The type is the one which is attached to the strut.

    I have put it together at the moment (I think I did it right! I hope..)

    However, on the dash, the ABS and a picture of a car skidding is showing (Probably IDS?). Is this normal as it was disconnected? Do I need to simply reset it and if so, how?

    Thanks.
    I have an earlier car, so I can't help you with the connector.

    No reset is required - once the ABS ECU can see the wheel speed sensor in each wheel hub and they aren't showing any errors then the lights will go out.

    The reason the ABS and TC (traction control = skidding car) lights are staying on is therefore likely to be this connector you are having problems with if they weren't staying on before.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    The light stays on.. I cant put the plug in any further! (It felt like it should of gone in another cm or so...).

  6. #6
    Regular Member Trist78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    worcestershire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Hi mate
    I have done exactly the same on mine!

    I think I have worked it out how!!


    Have a look on the plug from the car and you will see that there are two pins and a plastic black bit on the centre section. You need to ensure that stays on the middle and connects to the other two pins which is the socket, on the wheel hub side.

    It has taken me a while to work out the actual black plastic insert in the middle got bent and stopped one of the connector connecting.

    You do need to take the wheel off and do it in the daylight or a blooming good torch.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trist78 View Post
    Hi mate
    I have done exactly the same on mine!

    I think I have worked it out how!!


    Have a look on the plug from the car and you will see that there are two pins and a plastic black bit on the centre section. You need to ensure that stays on the middle and connects to the other two pins which is the socket, on the wheel hub side.

    It has taken me a while to work out the actual black plastic insert in the middle got bent and stopped one of the connector connecting.

    You do need to take the wheel off and do it in the daylight or a blooming good torch.
    Aha, I will give this a go in the morning!

    So, the Black plastic thing (I assume this is that long rectangular piece between the two pins on the car piece?) It's odd though as the original plug just slots in easily! This one doesn't, but looks 100% identical! weird!

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Regular Member Trist78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    worcestershire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by callist View Post
    Aha, I will give this a go in the morning!

    So, the Black plastic thing (I assume this is that long rectangular piece between the two pins on the car piece?) It's odd though as the original plug just slots in easily! This one doesn't, but looks 100% identical! weird!

    Thanks
    Yea definately make sure it goes in the middle.

    If you have a look at the other plug you will see that there is a recess in the middle !!

    I felt chuff when I worked it out then i tried to re bend the pin back and it ****** snap DOH anyay its only about eight quid !!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. vent in front of the vec c front wheel
    By garyvectrac in forum Bodywork & Interior
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18th February 2013, 21:56
  2. Spark Plug & Sump Plug Torque setting - Z18XE Engine
    By wafoo in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 4th June 2012, 21:15
  3. blue plug display into a grey plug vehicle
    By vxpenfold in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2nd January 2011, 23:09
  4. Which tyres are better on the front (front wheel drive)?
    By Vaux-Man-G in forum Suspension, Wheels & Brakes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 3rd September 2010, 10:42

Visitors found this page by searching for:

grey or black abs plug vectra

vauxhall vectra abs plug type

vectra c abs plug

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •