Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation Paypal Sticky

Following on from the Admin Sticky
    I think I am correct in saying any payment made via ‘paypal’ outside of ebay is not covered for anything going wrong as listed here t
    his is found under this heading : Link
    Why does PayPal not investigate claims for items that are purchased off eBay and are 'Significantly not as described'?

If you purchased your goods outside of eBay or have not marked your goods as eBay items while paying through PayPal, we would not be able to investigate the claim’. hth ……
    Last edited by Tadpole; 24th February 2010 at 20:07.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

they are just a payment method outside e-bay so offer no protection (and high fee's)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Paypal are owned by eBay which is why they offer protection for eBay purchases. Best way to protect yourself is to use a Credit Card as a funding source then you can contact your card issuer and reverse the payment and let Paypal retrieve it from the seller/scammer, you can't do this with Debit Cards or Bank Account funding.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You've slightly misunderstood what they're saying Terry.

That link you posted is meaning that PayPal won't investigate outside of eBay if the item is "Significantly Not as Described" as they are "... unable to compare pre-sales and post-purchase descriptions of the item." i.e. they are able to look at the eBay auction's description to see what it says, whilst they couldn't if it's been advertised elsewhere.

If you buy something through PayPal, and as long as you don't send it as a gift (hence the thread we posted) , then you are still offered protection from PayPal if the goods don't turn up.

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    You've slightly misunderstood what they're saying Terry.

That link you posted is meaning that PayPal won't investigate outside of eBay if the item is "Significantly Not as Described" as they are "... unable to compare pre-sales and post-purchase descriptions of the item." i.e. they are able to look at the eBay auction's description to see what it says, whilst they couldn't if it's been advertised elsewhere.

If you buy something through PayPal, and as long as you don't send it as a gift (hence the thread we posted) , then you are still offered protection from PayPal if the goods don't turn up.
    I stand erected I have been under the impression that ‘paypal’ were very unhelpful in any case were it was used outside of ebay, gift or not.
    Don’t get me wrong, I still use paypal as a gift, but only to someone I know or has good reference’s this I realise still has no guaranty …

I’ll get me coat ………..................................

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

Trim : Turbo Edition

Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

Year : 2010

Mileage : 137000

Can a just say as all other threads are locked that the Forums itrader system is there for a reason. This is why we pay our subs, you pay to sell, you put up an advert in the parts for sale and you get feedback. The seller in question has no for sale threads which means all transactions have been done through PM so no feedback. If we follow the simple rules which are there to protect us then this sort of thing can be curtailed, not all of it but most. I'm sorry to anyone thats lost any money I really am, but common sense would make me proceed very slowly with a new and unknown member. I know there's holes in my statement in that there's always going to be a "first" transaction to get that first itrader rating and in this case it looks that way, but let it be a lesson to all of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 07 Estate

Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    I stand erected I have been under the impression that ‘paypal’ were very unhelpful in any case were it was used outside of ebay, gift or not.
    Don’t get me wrong, I still use paypal as a gift, but only to someone I know or has good reference’s this I realise still has no guaranty …

I’ll get me coat ………..................................
    pmsl

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    Can a just say as all other threads are locked that the Forums itrader system is there for a reason. This is why we pay our subs, you pay to sell, you put up an advert in the parts for sale and you get feedback. The seller in question has no for sale threads which means all transactions have been done through PM so no feedback. If we follow the simple rules which are there to protect us then this sort of thing can be curtailed, not all of it but most. I'm sorry to anyone thats lost any money I really am, but common sense would make me proceed very slowly with a new and unknown member. I know there's holes in my statement in that there's always going to be a "first" transaction to get that first itrader rating and in this case it looks that way, but let it be a lesson to all of us.
    Very true Mr Rush ......................................

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post

Good point mate

All so id like to add this is why we have a system where only full members can sell,some dont like it but today has proved that its a good thing to have,as we have details of the that we would never of had if he wasnt a full member

He will be sitting at home rubbing his hands feeling good about ripping people off,that is until there's a knock at the door

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Good point mate

All so id like to add this is why we have a system where only full members can sell,some dont like it but today has proved that its a good thing to have,as we have details of the that we would never of had if he wasnt a full member

He will be sitting at home rubbing his hands feeling good about ripping people off,that is until there's a knock at the door
    or more likely he's used false details and a hijacked paypal account and we'll never know who he really was!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information