User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Problems already

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Problems already

    Had the insignia for a few months now ,couple of problems developed. Front driver side indicator and side repeater not working ,all bulbs are ok . And a wee problem with the idle,sits at 1000 revs most of the time then sometimes settles back down to 800. Scary thing about it is sometimes you can feel it trying to shoot away from you on approach to junctions and roundabouts Its a diesel se with all the toys and am still loving it even with the faults..Booked in friday so hopefully it will be good as new

  2. #2
    Regular Member 67688c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In UK
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    The later issue of changing revs, when ticking over could be caused by the MAF, VX have had a few go faulty on the Insignia, causing the mixture to vary wildly.

    Hopefully the dealer will sort it for you matey when you take it in.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North East
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    The idle speed is a response to the charge state of the battery.

    Vx Info:

    Insignia 2009-Onwards – Engines A20DT/C/H/J/L/R
    Increased idle speed

    Customer complains of an increased idle speed up to 1150 rpm.
    Increased idle speed signal is managed by the engine ECU but based on a signal coming from the BCM
    (Body Control Module).
    If the state of charge (SOC) for the battery is too low the BCM urges the engine ECU to increase idle
    speed in order reload the battery in a proper way. There are three possible idle speed steps going from:
    -- step 1 (= 925 rpm) to
    -- step 2 (= 1000 rpm-1050 rpm) and
    -- step 3 (= 1100 rpm-1150 rpm)
    The step is dependent on the SOC as well as the outside temperature, which also affects the SOC.
    Other possible reasons for increased idle speed also managed by the engine ECU based on a BCM
    request:
    a.) During auxiliary heater on the idle speed will be set to step 2.
    b.) During HVAC operation the idle speed will be set to step1-3 based on the thermal load.
    c.) During DPF regeneration mode the idle speed will be set to step1-3 based on the engine
    requirements.
    In case of customer complaint please explain this technical content to the customer.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockh View Post
    The idle speed is a response to the charge state of the battery.

    Vx Info:

    Insignia 2009-Onwards – Engines A20DT/C/H/J/L/R
    Increased idle speed

    Customer complains of an increased idle speed up to 1150 rpm.
    Increased idle speed signal is managed by the engine ECU but based on a signal coming from the BCM
    (Body Control Module).
    If the state of charge (SOC) for the battery is too low the BCM urges the engine ECU to increase idle
    speed in order reload the battery in a proper way. There are three possible idle speed steps going from:
    -- step 1 (= 925 rpm) to
    -- step 2 (= 1000 rpm-1050 rpm) and
    -- step 3 (= 1100 rpm-1150 rpm)
    The step is dependent on the SOC as well as the outside temperature, which also affects the SOC.
    Other possible reasons for increased idle speed also managed by the engine ECU based on a BCM
    request:
    a.) During auxiliary heater on the idle speed will be set to step 2.
    b.) During HVAC operation the idle speed will be set to step1-3 based on the thermal load.
    c.) During DPF regeneration mode the idle speed will be set to step1-3 based on the engine
    requirements.
    In case of customer complaint please explain this technical content to the customer.
    So are they saying its supposed to over idle ????

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North East
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Yes, to ensure the battery is properly charged.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockh View Post
    Yes, to ensure the battery is properly charged.
    Cheers , i'll see what they say tomorrow.One things for sure,i shouldnt be able to drive with my foot off the gas pedal which it does. lol

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North East
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Know what you mean.

  8. #8
    Regular Member kdadidog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    county durham (peterlee)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigal66 View Post
    Cheers , i'll see what they say tomorrow.One things for sure,i shouldnt be able to drive with my foot off the gas pedal which it does. lol
    I can do that in my vectra 1.8 LS. its like my party peice. think it just revs a bit to stop it from stalling. I actually once got out going up hill with my mate in the passenger seat. his face looked like this . he had to jump over and stop it.

  9. #9
    Full Member Leemarksmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hanging Heaton / Batley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRi (VXR Styling)

    Engine : Z19DTH (Re-mapped)

    Year : 04

    Mileage : 110k

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kdadidog View Post
    I can do that in my vectra 1.8 LS. its like my party peice. think it just revs a bit to stop it from stalling. I actually once got out going up hill with my mate in the passenger seat. his face looked like this . he had to jump over and stop it.
    Can your mate take a video of you jumpin out the drives side, running round the front and getting into the passenger seat

  10. #10
    Regular Member shaun260589's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Newcastle
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kdadidog View Post
    I can do that in my vectra 1.8 LS. its like my party peice. think it just revs a bit to stop it from stalling. I actually once got out going up hill with my mate in the passenger seat. his face looked like this . he had to jump over and stop it.
    This post useless with out youtube link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. z18xer vvti, problems, problems
    By gstore in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20th April 2012, 13:33
  2. 1.8 vvti problems, problems problems!!!
    By gstore in forum Petrol Engine related
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 3rd March 2012, 01:31
  3. crusie control problems, anyone had similar problems?
    By rozzer2006 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2nd October 2011, 21:20
  4. GSi problems
    By Piemyster in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 27th July 2011, 20:11
  5. 1.9 cdti auto problems problems
    By trigger in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th September 2009, 17:20

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •