hi folks.
heres the problem.... the wife has a 53reg 2.0 dti and had the spanner come on recently. stuck the op-com on it and got the 0400 code which points to EGR valve, thanks to guys on this forum i took it out using the how 2 and gave it a good clean (done the sensor also) stuck it back on and spanner still on. traced the small tubes from the vacuum and found a hole in the one that leads to the rear vacuum solenoid. chopped it where the hole was then bandaged it up reason for this is because i could not get one from scrappies or dealer, dealer pointed me toward Andrew pages and AP pointed me back towards dealer.

anyway like i said i bandaged it up best i could and the light went out, thought i'd cracked it and cigar was almost lit... no such luck, now the light has mind of its own, sometimes it comes on and limp mode kicks in and other times it goes out.
Do any of you guys or girls know the part number for this pipe or where i can get one or something similar i can use as im thinking the bodged bandage job may still be sucking in air somehow?

PS. im desperate because whilst i have her car she is driving my 3.2 GSI

Thanks, Rob