Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

Exclamation Keep your toys in your prams

Every time I say anything on here, even if I justify it with fact people get their knickers in a twist!?

I'm not speculating I'm stating what I know... I'm sorry I don't spend all of my life typing on here and can't give an instant answer to every body at once (so many people and only one of me). Doesn't help that people get rude alot and my threads all have to get closed...

I came to Santa Pod with the last time, unfortunatly I didn't have my licence but I turned up at the stand and anyone could have said hello and come had a look and a drive in me beast. Did any one do said? I don't remember it that way and the Rolling Road wasn't man enough to brake my baby either so she is a tough nut.

If you're already typing a rude reply, why?

I continue... I agree, fuel economy with power/torque? I got my 2.0DTI from 100bhp to 138bhp and the fuel economy down to 30mpg!!!! So I know what you mean but I've seen it with my very own Mark 1 eyes and I can't lie. I do tend to do most of my driving at sensible (or rediculous depending how you look at it) speeds on the motorway, i.e. 60mph but even at 70mph I get 60+mpg.

If I can get to Santa Pod, WITH, my licence then I will. Unfortunatly it falls in the middle of the holidays and that's not a winning bet because I'm supposed to be going sailing then with relitives.

If you have something constructive to say then please do, otherwise please don't waste your time abusing me, just go and look at a past post where you did the same.

For the record, here is a list of the modes on my car.

1) VRX Re-map obviously

2) Tunit box (standard map no customizing)
    setting 6 for 213bhp, setting 1 for best economy with that same throttle response

3) Air box mods as detailed in the tuning section but with a standard filter and additional cloth filters over the intakes to stop crud getting down into the box

4) 235/45 Toyo T1-R tyres on the front, pantsy 225/45 P6000 on the back

5) Foil backed bubble insulation on the air box and the air hose from the inter cooler to prevent engine heat transfering

6) Power Flow 'Y' branch quad exit exhausts from the centre scilencer back

7) A fully synthetic 0-40W motor oil with Slick 50 fully synthetic

8) Usually use Sainsbury's fuel (not exactly a mod but thought I'd throw it in)

Nothing else that would effect the performance, except my right foot.

"Where the WIFE tells me", but mainly in the DOG HOUSE....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

nice reply mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ditto Mickys comments good reply mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if you can make it to santa pod ... it would meen alot ... we all can see who you really are and we can start building bridges .... thats if you can get away obviously !!

there will always be others if you can't !!

Watch the truck pull on youtube --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjGfVxXov1E

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by nutron
    I came to Santa Pod with the last time, unfortunatly I didn't have my licence but I turned up at the stand and anyone could have said hello and come had a look and a drive in me beast. Did any one do said?
    Are you meaning PVS? I, along with many others that were on the stand, had no idea you'd even visited our stand until I saw posts on the forum afterwards! You didn't exactly, by the sounds of it, make yourself known to many people! If you'd introduced yourself to people on the stand, said who you were, found out who they were, you'd have made a few more friends on the day!

As for people typing 'rude' replies Nutron, I guess it's down to your posting manner! Very few of them are rude, they're more sarcastic and in exasperation!

You've got a history of starting threads (have a look back) where you basically say that your car is the fastest/most powerful on the forum etc. etc., and other fairly unsubstantiated claims and expect people to take them at face value - without any substantiation that we can see.

But the main thing that didn't do you any favours was when you said that you didn't see any modified cars on our stand at PVS. That really didn't win you any friends after people had spent a lot of time, effort and money on doing their own personal way of modifying their cars. If I'd been stood next to my car and you'd walked up to me and said that it wasn't modified, I'd have given you a slap round the chops and told you to look closer at the car and look at the spec sheet.

A car doesn't have to be all lary to be classed as modified. Some people like subtle, some like bling bling etc. etc. My personal style is enough to be noticed, without being in your face. The performance and handling were my first two priorities - things that you can't see from the outside.

Not having a go at you, just trying to explain why people may get their backs up quickly with you.

Come along to a meet, introduce yourself to people, show us your car and you'll see that we're all human! There are people that will be interested in seeing your car and talking cars until the cows come home! It's also a good opportunity to have a spin in other peoples' cars (and vice versa) - if you're up for that.

If you're posting tongue in cheek on the forum, don't forget the smilies - it makes the world of difference.

Just think how you're coming across to people when you post - they've given you enough hints!

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Get yourself to Big Phil's/Midlands Santa Pod Meet it will be a cracking day and it will give you chance to meet everyone and we get to meet you

Also if you are interested there is also a Rolling Road day at Northampton on the 12th at Northampton Motorsport, you are welcome to attend this event.

Bring the car to the Pod and I'll go down the track with you, lets see which is best, the Re-mapped 3.0 V6 or the Re-mapped 1.9

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nutron, you are more than welcome to come to our FIRST south-west regional meet( which i promise will be after Billings) and we can exchange banter on our cars...We all have different aspects into the "modding" and "performance" of our babies, me i go for the "STEALTH" look, which i love. I don't care a T*ss if anyone dosn't like it becos its my car and i love it and thats what counts in MY eyes...
    Micky..............................

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

The 12th is quite possible, it's only about 50 miles from Watford or Melton which ever I am at.

I'll have to spend some time picking the bugs off the bumper when I get there though, I seem to have a bug magnet incorportaed into my paint work (and for no extra charge)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Will be good to meet you mate if you go up their...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nut, the only thing i find annoying about you is the fact you treat ppl who know like blind idiots, in this thread you state at 60-70 mph you get 60+ mpg, this is bull mate, if you get 50+ you are doing well, you also say you are near Watford, hardly an area reknown for a nice clear roadm is it? I had a 140 mile round trip a few weeks ago, at one time briefly i had the trip at 60 mpg, then I ran into a bit of traffic, soon it was down to 55, and overall I averaged 52.7 mpg over 140 miles, this was at 60 on the motorway and 20-40 in the urban areas which amounted to 30 miles on the day, my car isn't tuned but is well maintained with bridgestones all round, you post down to 30mpg, I'd say thats the most honest thing you ever posted, and sounds right on the mark considering your spec on the car.

Either come in and blend and be active in all the topics, but I'm sure others will agree, we'd rather not see you if all its gonna be is....my car flat out does 200mph and gives 70 mpg, which is all it seems to be.

As the other guys say, unless you show the car in the flesh ppl will assume you are just a windup, prove me wrong.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information