Every time I say anything on here, even if I justify it with fact people get their knickers in a twist!?
I'm not speculating I'm stating what I know... I'm sorry I don't spend all of my life typing on here and can't give an instant answer to every body at once (so many people and only one of me). Doesn't help that people get rude alot and my threads all have to get closed...
I came to Santa Pod with the last time, unfortunatly I didn't have my licence but I turned up at the stand and anyone could have said hello and come had a look and a drive in me beast. Did any one do said? I don't remember it that way and the Rolling Road wasn't man enough to brake my baby either so she is a tough nut.
If you're already typing a rude reply, why?
I continue... I agree, fuel economy with power/torque? I got my 2.0DTI from 100bhp to 138bhp and the fuel economy down to 30mpg!!!! So I know what you mean but I've seen it with my very own Mark 1 eyes and I can't lie. I do tend to do most of my driving at sensible (or rediculous depending how you look at it) speeds on the motorway, i.e. 60mph but even at 70mph I get 60+mpg.
If I can get to Santa Pod, WITH, my licence then I will. Unfortunatly it falls in the middle of the holidays and that's not a winning bet because I'm supposed to be going sailing then with relitives.
If you have something constructive to say then please do, otherwise please don't waste your time abusing me, just go and look at a past post where you did the same.
For the record, here is a list of the modes on my car.
1) VRX Re-map obviously
2) Tunit box (standard map no customizing)
setting 6 for 213bhp, setting 1 for best economy with that same throttle response
3) Air box mods as detailed in the tuning section but with a standard filter and additional cloth filters over the intakes to stop crud getting down into the box
4) 235/45 Toyo T1-R tyres on the front, pantsy 225/45 P6000 on the back
5) Foil backed bubble insulation on the air box and the air hose from the inter cooler to prevent engine heat transfering
6) Power Flow 'Y' branch quad exit exhausts from the centre scilencer back
7) A fully synthetic 0-40W motor oil with Slick 50 fully synthetic
8) Usually use Sainsbury's fuel (not exactly a mod but thought I'd throw it in)
Nothing else that would effect the performance, except my right foot.