Thread: Yet more bad snow in Herefordshire...grrrrr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Yet more bad snow in Herefordshire...grrrrr

I thought we had seen the worst of the snow but it returned to Bromyard today with a vengence, and of course yet again, this useless piece of BM junk...ooops I mean... ultimate driving machine is completely stuck again. I tried to get out earlier this afternoon to pick up a new laptop I had reserved on line only to get about 50ft. Just about managed to get it back in the garage without altering it's shape. It's absolutely totally useless in the slightest snow. I nearly bought some snow socks for it a few weeks ago when we last had some bad snow, but most places online were out of stock at the time, so I never did get them in the end. Wish I'd ordered them now.

Anyone on here bought any of these snow socks for their car, if so, what do you think of them.? assuming your've had a chance to try them out.

It's been a funny old week really, the wife has been in Plymouth at our daughter's since last Friday, so I've been on my own....ahhhhh...shame.
    TBH I've felt a little like a fish out of water, I've actually missed her company quite a lot this week. ssshh... dont tell her though.
    So she's down there using the Freelander where there is no snow, and I'm stuck up here in the snow with a sodding useless car.

Not good planning at all....lol I could have come back in the Freelander myself, but just did'nt fancy leaving my own car down there with them...lol, but it looks like my selfishness has backfired on me.

Jeeez.. when is this winter going to end!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We have had a lot down this way today also. On a lighter note, its now raining and 99% gone, just hope we do not have more tomorrow.

Those snow socks look really good, wonder how well they actually work ? Would be interesting to hear some feedback also...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mark_647 View Post
    We have had a lot down this way today also. On a lighter note, its now raining and 99% gone, just hope we do not have more tomorrow.

Those snow socks look really good, wonder how well they actually work ? Would be interesting to hear some feedback also...

I've seen the sales video clips Mark and they appear to perform quite well, in the clips, but then again they would would'nt they..lol
    One movie clip here..
    http://www.snowchains.co.uk/main/weisssock.htm#

AYS it would be nice to hear from someone who's actually bought some, and tried them out. There quite cheap anyway, so I think I'll order some this evening, may be handy for next winter if the snows gone by the time I receive them, which is probably likely.

Currently about 2" or more of snow outside, with sunny periods forcast for Saturday and Sunday, and heavy snow forcast again for Monday.
    Last edited by 67688c; 18th February 2010 at 20:54.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

we have sold commercial versions to a few fire brigades,i think they prefer them over chains due to the close body fit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ummm I thought pics were the law???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my boss has a bmw and he loaded 4 bags of sand into the boot to weigh down the drive wheels. he said its driveable with the sand and completely useless without it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by 67688c View Post
    I've seen the sales video clips Mark and they appear to perform quite well, in the clips, but then again they would would'nt they..lol
    One movie clip here..
    http://www.snowchains.co.uk/main/weisssock.htm#
    They do look to perform very well. My only concern - With the UK having its roads cleared and gritted, reasonably soon after it snows, would you be able to carry on driving with the socks on ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mark_647 View Post
    They do look to perform very well. My only concern - With the UK having its roads cleared and gritted, reasonably soon after it snows, would you be able to carry on driving with the socks on ?
    Not if you want them to last a little while. I doubt they would last very long if not removed.

I only really need them for getting out of my drive which has a incline, and unfortunately there is also a drop of about 2ft or more either side into a culvert running alongside, so it's real easy in the snow for the back end to suddenly swing round and find the car in the ditch if one's not careful.

There's also a 200yrd uphill stretch of narrow lane which gets little traffic, other than us, the neighbour and a local farmer, so I was thinking the snow socks may enable me get up onto the main road, I would them remove them, that would be the plan anyway.

It's not so bad normally because we have the use of the Freelander, we got stuck that often in the winter, that we opted for one this time round for the wife, but AIS she's been in Plymouth since last Friday...typical luck.

I ordered a pair of the Goodyear ones off Ebay for £50, so will see if they are any good when they arrive, but cant see them arriving before next Monday or possibly Tuesay. If I get the chance to try them out next week, I will put a mini review of them on the forum.. good or bad...lol
    Last edited by 67688c; 19th February 2010 at 01:20.

Thread Information