User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Santa Pod - August 13th

  1. #1
    spoons
    Guest

    Default Santa Pod - August 13th

    I'm going to Santa Pod on August 13th - it will be good to see you all there again....

    I WILL BE RUNNING THE STRIP THIS TIME FOR SURE... I was not feeling 100% last time, which is why I didnt run.

    Has anyone got a Vectra VXR we can 'borrow' for the day ?

    I dont want to do toooo many runs, but I would like to stack mine against

    1) 3.2 GSi
    2) Mapped/Box 3.0 TDi
    3) Vectra VXR

    and that will answer most questions for me (and a few others on this site), I reckon..

    As well as one 1/4 mile race - is anyone interested in doing a rolling start, lets say from 20 mph (forget the 1/4 time, just pull off the line to 20mph - keep it there and then floor it together to see who pulls away the best !!

    I dont want to do toooo many runs down the strip, as I dont want to wreck my poor car....
    Last edited by spoons; 28th June 2006 at 11:30.

  2. #2
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Failsworth, Manchester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spoons
    As well as one 1/4 mile race - is anyone interested in doing a rolling start, lets say from 20 mph (forget the 1/4 time, just pull off the line to 20mph - keep it there and then floor it together to see who pulls away the best !!
    You could do that on a dual carriageway on route if you meet up with somebody . No doubt Big Phil will organise a meeting place again.

  3. #3
    spoons
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJA
    You could do that on a dual carriageway on route if you meet up with somebody . No doubt Big Phil will organise a meeting place again.
    Wouldnt want to condone any form of 'Street Racing' and it would be difficult to roll 'side by side' at 20mph on a public 'Duel Carriageway' sorry I meant 'Dual Carriageway'

    I also want to race it up to 120mph...... wooohoooooo How long is the strip anyway.......... cos I aint stopping at the 1/4 mile check

    I thought that you can run as many times as you want at Santa Pod (once you had paid the money). Only downside is waiting in the que !!
    Last edited by spoons; 28th June 2006 at 12:40.

  4. #4
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Failsworth, Manchester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Yeah you can as much as you want matey. I'm not sure what the Santa Pod staff would do if two cars pulled away slowly and then floored it suddenly.

    I know what you're getting at though; on a rolling start these 1.9's will beat most others Vec C's.

    I only reached 89mph in the 1/4 mile. So, I guess it's the 'Duel' Carriageway then? There's not that much of a run off matey
    Last edited by AJA; 28th June 2006 at 12:41.

  5. #5
    spoons
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJA
    Yeah you can as much as you want matey. I'm not sure what the Santa Pod staff would do if two cars pulled away slowly and then floored it suddenly.
    Probably, P!ss themselves laughing. Anyway, how can they throw you out for driving too slowly (That would be my luck.. Your BANNED - DONT COME BACK, for driving too slowly....)

    We could pull over for a chat, half way down..... discuss the results etc.... Forum stylie
    Last edited by spoons; 28th June 2006 at 12:49.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Uxbridge, London
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    i'd be up for a trip to the pod, 13th should be good for me, so that's one 3.0 diesel in the frame, but i'll need some practise on the standing starts as i've never 'dragged' before, not in the racing sense anyway!!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SOMERSET
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spoons
    Probably, P!ss themselves laughing. Anyway, how can they throw you out for driving too slowly (That would be my luck.. Your BANNED - DONT COME BACK, for driving too slowly....)

    We could pull over for a chat, half way down..... discuss the results etc.... Forum stylie

    That is funny,i have a vision of that happening

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ultimate Street Car - Santa Pod 3/4/5 August
    By BigMan in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2nd August 2007, 00:03
  2. santa pod 13th august 2006
    By jonno_07 in forum 2006
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 14th August 2006, 21:14

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •