Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default knee ligament...

went to physio today and was told that i have ruptured my cruciate knee ligament, i think its the anterior one. my knee has been hurting for the past 2 months or so but i didn't think much of it until today - i thought it was just a sprain or something.

one of my mates who i used to play football with had the exact same thing and has only just started playing footie again, its been almost a year since his op.

apparently i'm going to be on crutches for 2 months and won't be able to move around properly for a week after the op.

anyone had anything similar? apparently its exactly the same thing as michael owen has done. the physio is 99 % sure, but only a scan will tell for sure.

i'm gutted - won;t be able to drive for a while afterwards either as i won't be able to bend my knee properly.

anyone interested in a short term swap for an automatic?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My XK8 Convertible is available for hire!!!

Hope it is sorted quickly for you mate. I have alot of problems with my toes Going in next month to have one broken to try to sort it. Ouch

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I thought I had done mine in a number of years ago playing American Football. Finally had an arthroscopy (camera inserted in knee through keyholes) to look at it (and do any op if needed at the same time) - all was fortunately okay! It was just a sprain that was taking a long time to heal - especially as the knee is a part that is always being used!

Even with just the arthroscopy, I was on crutches for a while afterwards (can't recall how long now, but not as long as other people had been). If you've got strong quads (thigh muscles) that'll make your time on crutches less and your recovery period shorter (in conjunction with exercises). Luckily for me, my quads are well developed so I was back walking in as short a time as possible.

I know how uncomfortable/painful it was with just a sprain, but to have actually done yours in I can only imagine what it's like! Hope you get it sorted and a full recovery as soon as possible!

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Youíve got me scared now, as about 2 years ago I twisted my left knee and popped it out of its joint while trying to twist around playing 5 a side, much like own did. Really hurt at the time, much more painful than previous twists. I was off work for a week as I couldnít walk on it but I didnít go to the doc and justlet it fix itself. I still cant run or jog on it, and consequently have piled the weight on as I cant mountain bike on it either. It creaks quite a bit too. Reading up on it, I think I have done something to my cartlidge which I expect will be have the same end result as you? The advice was also to get it fixed as it will cause major problems in later life.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan
    I thought I had done mine in a number of years ago playing American Football.
    are you serious? how did you fair playing that? youre not exactly big build

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You need to get that checked Andy! That's exactly how I got my sprain. Turned to change direction quickly to tackle somebody and my left boot got 'stuck' in the grass/ground - I turned, but my knee didn't turn with me. It didn't pop or anything, and as above turned out to be a bad sprain. From what you've said, I'd say you deffo need to get it sorted out. It 'may' be too late as it may have already partly healed and left a bunch of scar tissue. The advice you got was good - go get it sorted or it will cause you problems in later life.

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by CDTi
    My XK8 Convertible is available for hire!!!
    That just may make this whole process worthwhile John!!!

I know how uncomfortable/painful it was with just a sprain, but to have actually done yours in I can only imagine what it's like! Hope you get it sorted and a full recovery as soon as possible!
    Duncan, the strange thing is that for the past two months i have been doing everything but playing football as per normal, with only just the rare jab of pain in the knee when its bent awkwardly. I've been laying laminate flooring and diy-ing for the past couple of months, now i'm even paranoid to move it!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    The advice was also to get it fixed as it will cause major problems in later life.
    exactly what the physio said, he said i could leave it be if i didn;t want to have the op, but by the time i was 40 i'd have to have the entire knee replaced!! I'd definitely get it checked if i were you - just make sure the BUPA is in place prior to any doctors visits!

the physio was amazed that my knee wasn't swollen or hadn't given way beneath me by now, as he is almost 100 % sure that its the ligament that is damaged. he said that my other knee and back must be compensating and that may well just explain my cronic back pain!

i'm only 24 for F sake!!!! imagine what i'll be like when i'm older!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    are you serious? how did you fair playing that? youre not exactly big build
    lol - cheeky bu**ger!! Deadly serious! I played for about five/six years. I faired pretty well as it happens - wouldn't have been picked for the teams if I wasn't. I played at cornerback - a defensive position defending mostly against the wide receivers (and sometime running backs).

Started playing in Swansea (at college), then Cardiff and finally a team in London when I moved there. We got to the finals of our Premier league for several years, winning it once! Of course that was the year I missed as I had this knee injury!

I may not be big build, as in overall height/weight/width etc., but I'm built solidly. (5' 7" but a solid 11st 3lbs ) One of the main requirements of the position I played was speed, which I had/have - but hard tackling was also a required attribute. And that was something I was good at, I'd take on guys much bigger than me and they would get a helluva shock when this smaller guy would hit them like a rocket and bring them down! Ended up getting a bit of a reputation for it!!

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

they would get a helluva shock when this smaller guy would hit them like a rocket and bring them down!
    You were the type of git I hated playing rugby against. I could throw myself into most things and come out quick as being quite tall, but then all of a sudden out of no-where a little geezer (compared to me) comes out of nowhere and before you know it you have mudpie.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have just had my MRI scan results back to tell me that I won't be needing surgery as I only have a small tear in my PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) after falling down the stairs with my daughter in December.
    Thankfully it seems to repairing itself - but even after 8 months I am still in quite a bit of pain. I was on crutches for 3 weeks after the fall and for the past 2 months I have been wearing a big carbon fibre knee brace to stop it giving way so much.

Last week when I went to see the physio he said that the only thing to do now is intensive one on one physio work - he told me that I might want to consider taking some painkillers before I go tomorrow.... GULP!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information