Thread: vauxhall goodwill gesture

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default vauxhall goodwill gesture

hi all has anyone with a 2.2direct had any compo from vauxhall for replacing the fuel reg and hp fuel pump ? its just that i had to replace mine on my 2006 vectra and sent an email to vauxhall asking for some money back, and i just had a call back and was told that if i had the work done at a vauxhall garage they would have given me a goodwill gesture back but as i had a v.a.t registered mobile mechanic supply and fit the parts they wont give me any money back. the parts are from a vauxhall garage with receipts any one else had this problem thanks all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi,
    Might be worth saying isn't that anti-competitive or some such phrasing?

After all it's genuine VX parts, with the receipts, who cares who fitted it? Is it a problem with the parts or the original fitting? If its the original parts, then surely its a fault with the parts and whoever fits them isnt an issue as long as they're fitted correctly. If its a problem with the original fitting then you can argue why why you want VX to fit the parts again if they screwed it up originally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by neverton View Post
    Hi,

After all it's genuine VX parts, with the receipts, who cares who fitted it? Is it a problem with the parts or the original fitting? If its the original parts, then surely its a fault with the parts and whoever fits them isnt an issue as long as they're fitted correctly. If its a problem with the original fitting then you can argue why why you want VX to fit the parts again if they screwed it up originally.
    well put m8 thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by neverton View Post
    Hi,

You might be confusing a goodwill payment with a warranty claim there fella. A goodwill gesture is one made under no obligation, so it isn't covered by anti-competitive actions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The issue being, your car is out of its 3 year manufacturers warranty and now you are seeking a goodwill claim from Vauxhall. However, you've had the work carried out outwith the dealer network and thus have shown no loyalty. You want them to pay, yet want somebody else to do the work? I'm afraid you've shot yourself in the foot. You would have stood a far greater chance had you taken the car back to a Vauxhall dealer for the work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    The issue being, your car is out of its 3 year manufacturers warranty and now you are seeking a goodwill claim from Vauxhall. However, you've had the work carried out outwith the dealer network and thus have shown no loyalty. You want them to pay, yet want somebody else to do the work? I'm afraid you've shot yourself in the foot. You would have stood a far greater chance had you taken the car back to a Vauxhall dealer for the work.
    Very true statemant. I have found that the best way to get help out of Vauxhall, is by using dealers and showing loyalty.

My first Zafira GSi Turbo bought brand new in March 2002 was plagued with little faults, Vauxhall's responce was to give me a brand new Zafira GSi Turbo a year later AND paid for the extra £2000 of options I had specified for the new replacement.

Vauxhall customers services are one of the best IF you show loyalty, use the dealers for service and repairs, and go about it in a proffesional and polite way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Very true statemant. I have found that the best way to get help out of Vauxhall, is by using dealers and showing loyalty.

My first Zafira GSi Turbo bought brand new in March 2002 was plagued with little faults, Vauxhall's responce was to give me a brand new Zafira GSi Turbo a year later AND paid for the extra £2000 of options I had specified for the new replacement.

Vauxhall customers services are one of the best IF you show loyalty, use the dealers for service and repairs, and go about it in a proffesional and polite way.

I would agree with that statement too, I had a major issue with a Zafira myself about 2 months out of its 3yr warranty some years ago, just a few days before I was going to sell it in fact, but VX payed the full £600 repair bill. It had always been serviced by the VX dealer, They are not obliged to do anything but you do stand a better chance obviously if your've always had a VX dealer do the servicing etc.

Never had any complaints re VX service, at least not until my Insignia saga, and even that in the end they agreed to take back and refund me.
    A lot depends how much raport you have built up with the dealer too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VECTRA C

Trim : SRI

Engine : 2.2

Year : 2006

Now there's a coincidence, just had my fuel regulator replaced at a VX garage about a week ago on my 06 2.2 direct (WJ King in Dartford) and they called me up today to see if I was happy, told them I was satisfied.

Goodwill gesture? - pfff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : SRI

Engine : CDTI 150 (Z19 DTH)

Year : 2008

Mileage : 100k

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

I do agree with you in that I can see why VX wouldn't want to offer a goodwill gesture if they had not seen the car before for servicing etc.

But I have to say I dont agree on the fact that VX Cust Services are one of the best. Take my personal experience:

Bought a 05 Vec CDTI when it was 3 yrs 9 months old with 37K on the clock (Admitidly not from a VX dealer). The car had full dealer history every year without fail.
    I then also thought - carry on with this and put it in at my local for a full VX service.
    Few months after that at 38K the inlet manifold needed replacement...

VX Customer services told me and I quote "Sorry we are not interested as the car is older than three years".. Granted - to the letter they are correct, but at only 38K with FULL dealer history they were not willing to pay a penny towards the £1100 bill of a inlet and ancillaries replacement!

Sorry - that to me is not a good customer services. When I am in the market to buy newer again, this experience alone may but me off buying Vx.

When I had my 9000 Saab that was heavily moddified (to 360BHP) I put it into a dealer (reading) to have the drive belt and pulleys changed.. Now they had never seen this car before - although other saab dealers had and they gave me a 20% discount on the bill as good will as they believed that the failed pulley that caused the drive belt to snap shoudlnt have done on an engine that they considered to be extremely well maintained and looked after... THATS customer service!..

just my thoughts

A

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We're on a slow recovery from financial crisis and the automotive industry has been worst hit, can we really be surprised here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information