User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Mud flaps

  1. #1
    Regular Member Danialj32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warrington
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Mud flaps

    Bought a set of GM mudflaps, after one of my "universal" ones falling off, and being too small for my wheels anyway (didn't cover the full width of the tyre). Saw Mitch's post about his not fitting his elite, could anyone confirm if mine will fit? It's a 52 plate LS, cheers.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

  2. #2
    Regular Member hairy31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    bradford
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danialj32 View Post
    Bought a set of GM mudflaps, after one of my "universal" ones falling off, and being too small for my wheels anyway (didn't cover the full width of the tyre). Saw Mitch's post about his not fitting his elite, could anyone confirm if mine will fit? It's a 52 plate LS, cheers.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    they didn't fit his car because they were for an sri......which is is not! if yours in not an sri then they won't fit yours either, hth.........Andy

    also the flaps on ebay are very misleading as description says preface lift and his comment says make sure yours is a facelift!! they need to make their minds up!

  3. #3
    Regular Member Danialj32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warrington
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I didn't think there was any difference in that area of car, i.e. the side skirts are the same and the wheel arch, just have different bumpers?

  4. #4
    Regular Member hairy31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    bradford
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danialj32 View Post
    I didn't think there was any difference in that area of car, i.e. the side skirts are the same and the wheel arch, just have different bumpers?
    skirts are slightly different I think......but am sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

  5. #5
    Regular Member Danialj32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warrington
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Well if that's the case i'm alright, I bought some SRI side skirts and painted 'em moonland grey, though a few people told me my LS ones were exactly the same.

  6. #6
    Moderator & Events Assistant paulhb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wondering lonely as a cloud
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : M5

    Trim : Nothing needs adding

    Engine : 5.0 V10

    Year : 07

    Mileage : 37000

    Default

    Its the rear ones that are the issue if it is an SRI rear bumper there are different mudflaps as the bumper extensions are different.

    Front Mudflaps Pre-Facelift and Facelift SRI
    91158529

    Rear Mudflaps Pre-Facelift and Facelift SRI
    91158528

    GENUINE VAUXHALL
    VECTRA C HATCHBACK
    NEW
    PREFACELIFT
    PART NO 91158529 FRT 91158528 REAR
    As you can see the advert numbers match the SRI part numbers so these will not fit your rear bumper.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Danialj32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warrington
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulhb View Post
    Its the rear ones that are the issue if it is an SRI rear bumper there are different mudflaps as the bumper extensions are different.

    Front Mudflaps Pre-Facelift and Facelift SRI
    91158529

    Rear Mudflaps Pre-Facelift and Facelift SRI
    91158528

    GENUINE VAUXHALL
    VECTRA C HATCHBACK
    NEW
    PREFACELIFT
    PART NO 91158529 FRT 91158528 REAR
    As you can see the advert numbers match the SRI part numbers so these will not fit your rear bumper.
    That is really ****! Costing me a fortune all these mudflaps lol, guess they're gonna have to be sold then! Is there no way these will fit mine no? I thought the bumpers was the same apart from the exposed exhaust & trim around it.

  8. #8
    Moderator & Events Assistant paulhb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wondering lonely as a cloud
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : M5

    Trim : Nothing needs adding

    Engine : 5.0 V10

    Year : 07

    Mileage : 37000

    Default

    The skirts are different as the SRI one is deeper and has a slightly different end they may go on but someone else tried it and apparently it didn't look right, the fronts will be fine though.

  9. #9
    Regular Member jlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : BMW 525i

    Trim : M-Sport

    Engine : 2.5l Straight 6


    Default

    Slightly off topic but...

    When you said you fitted some universal ones but they didnt fit were they the ones with the opel and gm logos on? I bought some a couple weeks ago but havent got round to fitting them yet, how did you fit yours? Mine came with some self tappers...

  10. #10
    Regular Member Danialj32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warrington
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jlock View Post
    Slightly off topic but...

    When you said you fitted some universal ones but they didnt fit were they the ones with the opel and gm logos on? I bought some a couple weeks ago but havent got round to fitting them yet, how did you fit yours? Mine came with some self tappers...
    I got a set with the new vauxhall badge on it, probably the same as yours just with different logo. They came with some U clamps and some other ****ty bits, which I hadn't a clue how to use, so I borrowed my dad's drill and some screws and drilled 'em into the wheel lining lol, probably a bad idea, and took forever as I had to take the wheels off too. Anyway, I went as far outwards as possible with the mudflaps, but it still didn't cover the width of the tyre, i'd buy the GM ones if I was you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Got my new flaps on .....
    By blues n twos in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26th January 2009, 21:46
  2. these mud flaps???
    By big rich in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th January 2009, 17:43

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •