Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Exclusiv CDTi 150 or SRi CDTi 120

I'm just looking to buy my first Vectra, I have seen 2 (Local Network Q Garages) within my price range.

I'd like to do some modding (nothing too fancy as aI have a small family so anything more than a couple of hundred quid a mod I'd need to save for.

As I'm new to Vectra (only really ever driven Renaults) before and got bored of them breaking down, I thought I'd go for a Vectra C - around 2006 / 2007, with less than 25K (30K max) on the clock.

I'd estimate my daily milage is around 60 miles, which is why I chose a Diesel.

I've spotted 2 I like, Exclisive CDTi (150) and an SRi CDTi (120). Which one would you choose and why? I've read plenty of reviews of both and there is a mixed bag of pro's and con's.

Planned mods would be headlights, interior, sound (not massive bass), more entertainment for the boy to keep him quiet in the back.

Any advice / guidance would be appreciated.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well the SRI 120 would certainly give that little bit more reliability with the common problems that the 150 suffers from (such as EGR, Inlet Manifold, Swirls, DMF, etc etc). But the SRI would give you a better suspension setup, nice wheels, tinted lights and generally a better overall appearence, well sportier.

With the Exclusiv, you get basically an entry level Vectra with a powerful lump. Great engine whist there are no problems with it, come acorss any of the above and you will feel the pinch.

I have had a SRI CDTI 120 and my dad drives a SRI CDTI 150 and the distinct lack of power in the 120 is very obvious! Many folks have got the 120 on here and have added a tuning box to get it to the 150, so that would be an idea, so you still get the relibaility but you also get the performance.

Both are pretty good car's, even entry level model's give you front elecy's, AC, CC, etc etc. Its just that the SRI gives you that gruntier, more meaty look you would expect from a Sports Family motor.

What colour are they respecitvely and also whats the mileages on each one?

Have you driven them? Whats your overall opinion?

ATEOD its what appeals to you, here you will get a very mix bag of views.

Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclusiv 150 - Metro Blue
    SRi 120 - Silver

Although the SRi has been abused a little in the past - really nasty scuffs on NS rims, and some nicks in paintwork (nothing a touchup wouldn't sort out).

Both are 16-18K mark in terms of milage, and yes I've driven both (would be fool not too).

The Exclusiv seems to be in better condition, engine sounds quieter and smoother, steering is responsive, brakes stop on a dime.

But the SRi seems sluggish and don't sound too right, sounds more whinny, steering is very light - a little too light for me, and the brakes are spongy.

I'm sure most of these things could be sorted in a couple of trips to the local garage, I did question these and the sales bloke at the SRi place said "that's what they are like" - I somehow get the feeling he might be feeding me sales crap.

Both come with warranty, although the SRi is a grand more expensive.

Exclusiv does have some optional extras (I think it's got a tech pack on it, etc) Not researched this yet.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    SRi 120 - Silver

Although the SRi has been abused a little in the past - really nasty scuffs on NS rims, and some nicks in paintwork (nothing a touchup wouldn't sort out).

Both are 16-18K mark in terms of milage, and yes I've driven both (would be fool not too).

The Exclusiv seems to be in better condition, engine sounds quieter and smoother, steering is responsive, brakes stop on a dime.

But the SRi seems sluggish and don't sound too right, sounds more whinny, steering is very light - a little too light for me, and the brakes are spongy.

I'm sure most of these things could be sorted in a couple of trips to the local garage, I did question these and the sales bloke at the SRi place said "that's what they are like" - I somehow get the feeling he might be feeding me sales crap.

Exclusiv does have some optional extras (I think it's got a tech pack on it, etc) Not researched this yet.
    Sounds to me like you have already found enough wrong with the sri to stay clear of it

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    SRi 120 - Silver

Keep looking certain there's better cars out there!!

I did'nt think a Network Q car would be sold in such a condition!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As you have said buddy. Dont touch the SRI. The one I had was very similar in description to what you are seeing, but was pre-face. Go with the Exclusiv, but the check the obvious things. Make you take it for a good rag and check the responsiveness below 2k rpm, check for rough idling, check the clutch for any strange noises, etc. Other than that, you may well be quietly pleased with it. Exclusiv's come with an SRI style front bumper, so get the fogs and grilles in and the tinted headlights and your well on your way to a an SRI style makeover. If its got the Tech pack on it, IIRC thats basically the X-Pack for the Exclusiv as my mate had one too, that came with front fog's, alloy wheels and just looked a damn site better than normal, I suspect the one your looking at is this too. Good luck, but deffo scout around for others too, especially private deals as there are some right crackers out these these day's.

Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Walk away from the SRI, but have a look around some more - there's loads of choice these days and some good deals to be had.

When I bought mine, I narrowed it down to a Design 150, or an SRI 120 and ended up with the SRI. They are better to drive with the lowered and firmer suspension, the 120 engines tend to give fewer problems than the 150's and by spending £200 on a tuning box you'll have as much power as a standard 150 anyway

Thread Information