Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default other forums

im looking to buy another car so wanted to have a look on a owners site and see what problems / things i can expect from the new car, ive filled in there forms twice now and they ask so many questions date of birth so on and so on they even want my full home addy and phone number ..it has got to be the hardest forum i have tryed to join ...and they keep saying sorry you have been rejected due to not filling in all the fields correctly in the form ..(i have filled them all in even got the wife to dubble check i dont think they want my kind over there)...i would understand if i was trying to join a ferrari or lambo forum but its a 7 seater happy bus forum where i would suspect half the people on there have motability cars and no jobs!.... rant over ....!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    im looking to buy another car so wanted to have a look on a owners site and see what problems / things i can expect from the new car, ive filled in there forms twice now and they ask so many questions date of birth so on and so on they even want my full home addy and phone number ..it has got to be the hardest forum i have tryed to join ...and they keep saying sorry you have been rejected due to not filling in all the fields correctly in the form ..(i have filled them all in even got the wife to dubble check i dont think they want my kind over there)...i would understand if i was trying to join a ferrari or lambo forum but its a 7 seater happy bus forum where i would suspect half the people on there have motability cars and no jobs!.... rant over ....!
    Most forums work like this these days, including registering on some news paper sites just so you can leave a comment etc. Some as you say seem to require a silly amount of information.

Assuming the site is working properly it's obvious that you have to fill in some specific information field they insist on you filling, all you can do is to re-check it over again carefully. It may be that the information you are entering in to one of the fields is being rejected for some reason. ie. Not Valid format or something like that.

Personally I rarely leave any bonafide information which relates to myself on any of the forums, never my true age, date of birth, or anything else for that matter. If they insist on an address I will leave a bogus one, same with other contact details and I always use a generic email address such as yahoo which also was signed up with false details but can be accessed. If I have to give an address in order to receive anything from forums I use the address of another property I own or a friends, but rarely my own home address.
    Probably a little paranoid perhaps, but I cannot see the point of assisting anyone to scam you. (Not that forums are out to scam you, but there are others) What makes me smile is the number of people who use their full names as part of their email adresses, silly IMO... in todays world anyway. It's possible to even spoof your IP address so a different one is broadcast.

Just fill the fields in with any old rubbish, some sites may want a genuine post code, say to setup a email account, in which case just pick one out of the phone book. AIS check over all the signup input fields again, and if your 100% sure its been filled in correct and it still does'nt work then a email to the sites admin team is the only solution.
    Last edited by 67688c; 3rd February 2010 at 01:17.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if they start asking for bank account details, run!

Luckily at Vectra-c they let any old riff raff in

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hard enough to join on here - filled in all the right bits - including the visual text bit and it said I got it wrong about ten times!! still - got there in the end.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia VX-line RED Tourer

Trim : No, over weight!

Engine : Flux Core Capacitor

Year : 1 A.D

Mileage : Rising

Hits ony dificlit if yoru spilling isunt up two much.
    Tuk me aboat sevun wiks two get rejistud on hear !

Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post

Why do you want to join the renault espace owners club anyway

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john.robertson2 View Post