Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Network Q warranty questions.

Has anyone had any trouble with main dealer warranties? In Oct 2009 I bought a 1 year old Vectra Sri with about 10k on the clock from a main dealer. The car was previously owned by GMAC and was passed through the Network Q dealerships. I assumed it had Network Q warranty and what was left of the 3 year Vauxhall warranty. Anyway I recently started to get ‘knotchy’ gear changes, especially go into second and is getting worse. So I took it to my local dealer and they are guessing it’s probably the clutch is on its way out. I’ve only done 2k in 3 months and the car now only has 12k since new. They said Vauxhall wouldn’t be interested, but Network Q would probably say yes to replace under warranty. They hinted that there is a slim chance they won’t. So they suggested calling Vauxhall and Network Q to confirm before they strip it down.

This is where the fun begins. Vauxhall said no as it’s a wear item. Network Q said they have no record of my car and I should contact where I bought it from. I called the dealer in Barnsley (I’m in Hertfordshire) and they said they don’t offer Network Q warranties on 1 year old cars, as they don’t need it and are not interested. Now my local dealer wants £1100 to do a clutch after I’ve only done 2k miles of carefully driving. The car has only done 12k from new.

I usually buy a 6-7 year car with average mileage and usually spend the next few years pouring money down the drain keeping them going. So this time I decided to get something newer for peace of mind. What makes things worse is that in December I was made redundant, so at the moment I can’t afford this repair. I decided not to sell the car then, as the car is paid for and if I sold it for something older, who is to know that that would need money spent on it.

I feel that I’m stuck in the middle and no one wants to take blame. To say I’m not happy is an understatement and I’m not sure what to do next. Do all second hand cars from all main dealers have to come with Network Q warranty? It was a genuine main dealer that I bought it from. I don’t want to take it back to them to deal with, as they are 180miles away. My local dealer has suggested doing the work and sending the invoice to the other dealership, but with my luck recently I can’t help feeling I’m going to get stitched up somewhere. Anyone have ideas or experience with warranties?

Moderator & Events Assistant paulhb's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : M5

Trim : Nothing needs adding

Engine : 5.0 V10

Year : 07

Mileage : 37000

Quote Originally Posted by Lester View Post
    Has anyone had any trouble with main dealer warranties? In Oct 2009 I bought a 1 year old Vectra Sri with about 10k on the clock from a main dealer. The car was previously owned by GMAC and was passed through the Network Q dealerships. I assumed it had Network Q warranty and what was left of the 3 year Vauxhall warranty. Anyway I recently started to get ‘knotchy’ gear changes, especially go into second and is getting worse. So I took it to my local dealer and they are guessing it’s probably the clutch is on its way out. I’ve only done 2k in 3 months and the car now only has 12k since new. They said Vauxhall wouldn’t be interested, but Network Q would probably say yes to replace under warranty. They hinted that there is a slim chance they won’t. So they suggested calling Vauxhall and Network Q to confirm before they strip it down.

This is where the fun begins. Vauxhall said no as it’s a wear item. Network Q said they have no record of my car and I should contact where I bought it from. I called the dealer in Barnsley (I’m in Hertfordshire) and they said they don’t offer Network Q warranties on 1 year old cars, as they don’t need it and are not interested. Now my local dealer wants £1100 to do a clutch after I’ve only done 2k miles of carefully driving. The car has only done 12k from new.

I usually buy a 6-7 year car with average mileage and usually spend the next few years pouring money down the drain keeping them going. So this time I decided to get something newer for peace of mind. What makes things worse is that in December I was made redundant, so at the moment I can’t afford this repair. I decided not to sell the car then, as the car is paid for and if I sold it for something older, who is to know that that would need money spent on it.

I feel that I’m stuck in the middle and no one wants to take blame. To say I’m not happy is an understatement and I’m not sure what to do next. Do all second hand cars from all main dealers have to come with Network Q warranty? It was a genuine main dealer that I bought it from. I don’t want to take it back to them to deal with, as they are 180miles away. My local dealer has suggested doing the work and sending the invoice to the other dealership, but with my luck recently I can’t help feeling I’m going to get stitched up somewhere. Anyone have ideas or experience with warranties?
    I would speak to Vauxhall customer services mate and tell them what you've told us that seems as if it wasn't fit for purpose and considering when you brought and the nature of the fault trading standards might be interested. The dealership should deal with it but they will probably want the car so their technicians can sort as they are paying the wages and therefore it won't cost them a fortune in labour. Network Q is a seperate thing and if the dealer didn't register and pay for it then it isn't applicable, mine was 1 when I brought it and it had a years network Q, at the least you should make a fuss it tends to focus customer services minds.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It takes about four weeks for the car to be registered with Network Q
    Once this has happened you should receive the confirmation letter, policy number, and policy documents

Before this arrives you need to deal with the salesperson at the dealership you were dealing with

Equally, Network Q cars are clearly identified OR you need to ask that the sale is a Network Q (if not, it can be transferred, but many dealerships try to avoid this at all costs!)

However, how old is the car?
    If it is under 12 months old then the clutch and gearbox is covered
    If it is under 36 months then only the gearbox is covered

If you are a low mileage driver then there is no benefit it transferring the car to Network Q (the cover is almost the same)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the comments and information. I just assumed that all Vauxhall cars from a main dealer had Network Q and as I found the car on the Network Q site, I didn't think to ask. I now know for the future to ask before I even look at it. The was 1 year old in October 2009 with 10,300miles when I bought it. Three months later it now has 12,300miles.

The dealership in Barnsley has come back to me with a final offer. If the clutch has a manufacturing defect then it would be covered by the manufactures warranty, but if its worn then they want £500 for the parts and labour (normally £1100) and would give me a courtesy car as well. But I worked out it would be 2x360mile round trips and about £150 just in petrol for the two trips to Barnsley and back, plus two days for something that I shouldn't be paying for anyway. I asked them to come and collect it and they wasn't interested and when I asked about covering the petrol and they said no. So there offer is in fact £650. It wouldn't surprise me that if it is a defect, they would tell me its worn and charge me and still put it through under warranty. I fear I have found a right dodgy bunch and I just don't get an element of trust from them. I feel like I've been stitched up by them.

I have it booked in with another local dealership tomorrow to have a full diagnostic done on it and hopefully they might get to the bottom of what is wrong.

I have since been told by a good friend on from another club, that the clutch is covered for the first 18500miles or first three years. So it looks like I'm covered now anyway. Vauxhall customer care has also just confirmed this to me over the phone as well. So hopefully it is the clutch, a local dealer would recognise this. I'll let you know the dealerships findings tomorrow and I should have a plan of action by then as well.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hope you get sorted lester.btw,is the dealer in barnsley perrys ?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Lester View Post
    Thanks for the comments and information. I just assumed that all Vauxhall cars from a main dealer had Network Q and as I found the car on the Network Q site, I didn't think to ask
    If the car was on the Network Q website, then did you take a print out?
    I've never heard of a dealership withdrawing a car from Network Q and selling it themselves, if they do withdraw it from Network Q then it should not appear on their website

If the car did appear on the Network Q website, then contact VX and get a confirmation

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just for the record, when I bought mine at 11 months old, it had both balance of manufacturers warranty and also Network Q for a year after purchase date.

I had my CD30 replaced under warranty and my dealer couldn't decide whether to claim under manufacturers warranty or NetworkQ as I was double covered.

As m8internet says, you will get a pack through with a letter from NetworkQ if covered.

Thread Information