User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do motorcyclists put up with it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default How do motorcyclists put up with it...

I don't know how they don't get so much road rage... on my way down the M27 this morning in rush hour I saw two very near misses and that was just in an hour of driving on one road on one day.

Motorbike is filtering between lane 2 and 3 and then just as he is about 5 feet from a car that car decides to change lanes without indicators and the bike nearly plows into the side of him, and then bloke had the cheek to give the motorbike rider a ****** hand gesture...

It's things like that that stop me from wanting to do a CBT and learn to ride a motorbike...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by maurauth View Post
    I don't know how they don't get so much road rage... on my way down the M27 this morning in rush hour I saw two very near misses and that was just in an hour of driving on one road on one day.

Motorbike is filtering between lane 2 and 3 and then just as he is about 5 feet from a car that car decides to change lanes without indicators and the bike nearly plows into the side of him, and then bloke had the cheek to give the motorbike rider a ****** hand gesture...

It's things like that that stop me from wanting to do a CBT and learn to ride a motorbike...
    agree M27 is a nightmare .every morning and evening i travel from ringwood to portsmouth and vice versa and almost everyday see some accident or near miss. was especially bad a few weeks ago in the snow...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri

Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

Year : 2013

From a motorcyclists view - we take it on the chin, deal with it in a split second, put it behind us and wait for the next one. I think the difference is that when I'm on the bike I can get away from the bloke that's just cut me up so if he ain't in my space, he's not a "threat" and I ain't got the time to deal with it.

Diffrent if you're in a car though where the numpty might be around you for a while, for example in traffic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

filtering between lane 2 and 3
    you mean he was performing an illegal undertake of cars in lane 3,so he was in the wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

as a rider myself i do filter between lane 2 and three but am so terrified of cars pulling out i only do about 5 miles and hour, with main beam on, funny thing is i crashed my bike last year (badly) and have put my bike up for sale this week as the injuries i had from that crash still havnt healed properly, there were no othe cars on the road when i crashed but the throttle cable got stuck on full in second gear hit a drainage ditch the front wheel stopped dead i headbutted the tank and bounced into a 40 mph sign, all with the wife watching in the car behind me, i swear my helmet saved my life that day and have some really good photos to prove this for those who question why its law over here but not in america

moral of the story i would rather be swiped while filtering at 5-10 nmph than crash at 90

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri

Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

Year : 2013

I can see this going off topic but for what it's worth, there a fine line between filtering and undertaking. Here's just one of many, many thoughts on the subject. http://www.survivalskills.co.uk/riding_skills_20.html

On a recent rideout with the Met Police, I was actively encouraged to filter between lanes 2 & 3 on the North Circular with traffic doing 15-20mph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You get used to it. You learn to think for moron cagers that are warm and safe in their padded cells.

Or you just take their wing mirror off. Clearly dont use them anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pompeydave View Post
    agree M27 is a nightmare .every morning and evening i travel from ringwood to portsmouth and vice versa and almost everyday see some accident or near miss. was especially bad a few weeks ago in the snow...
    At least there's no more 50mph average speed cameras for when it isn't rush hour and you can actually get up to speed. But yeah, up until I think it's the junction to Hedge End the M27 is a nightmare westbound in the mornings

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2k View Post
    Well said that man. ****** bikers!
    Methinks the "****ing bikers" comment is commuter envy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by maurauth View Post
    At least there's no more 50mph average speed cameras for when it isn't rush hour and you can actually get up to speed. But yeah, up until I think it's the junction to Hedge End the M27 is a nightmare westbound in the mornings

Methinks the "****ing bikers" comment is commuter envy.
    fortunately i travel east bound am + west bound pm !! the segensworth+hedge end junctions in particular are bad every morning,and also pm at segensworth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 2.0T

Year : 2005

Mileage : 63000

As a biker who has been commuting on the M3 and into London for over 5 years, I've seen plenty of fellow riders filtering way to quickly in comparison to the other traffic. I've had my fare share of underwear soiling moments, but having said that, an awful lot of car drivers think it is their god given right to just change lane without looking, or as soon as they indicate. What ever happened to mirror,signal, then manouvre??

I think some drivers are just jealous that we can get through the trafffic while they are stuck in jams.

Compulsory CBT for all road user I say!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information