Thread: interior lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default interior lights

anyone had a problem like this before, the interior lights don't work on the remote locking/unlocking or on any of the doors except for the tailgate which only operates the boot light, but if i use the actual light switches they all work and the front light switch lights up the light in the rear, done nothing to it apart from having mot done (passed) and couple of days later o/s headlamp bulb blown. got check safegaurd up on display but been like that for 12 months. checked all fuses all ok,cheers.

it's a 2004 2.2dti ellagance estate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Energy

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 150,000

got check safegaurd up on display
    Sounds like someone has had the alarm sensor panel out near to the interior light.

Have you checked for a loose connector around here somewhere.

Do any other lights not work, such as on the dash switches...if so, check the fuses in the panel on the passenger end of the dash...there are some power feeds to the bcm, which control certain functions, including the ignition and lock controlled lighting circuits.

As you have had a bulb go, also check the under hood relay / fuse panel for blown / dirty fuses.

Finally and just to be a pain,if it is ONLY the interior light that's affected, then the rear electrical centre in the boot provides power to the interior lights, via a flat copper-strip on paper backing pcb style ribbon...so guess which other fuses you could check.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers robsey, every switch is illuminated, glovebox light works, been in all three fuse boxes and even the rear no plate lights work on the remote but will check the copper strip and fuses in the boot compartment again and let you know, checked around the alarm sensors around the interior mirror every thing tight and in order, incidently, had codes read for a mechanical fault today but no codes refering to electricals, thanks.
    Last edited by ptrehearn152; 26th January 2010 at 00:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Don't forget to check the little panel containing the motion sensors between interior mirror and interior light...possible loose wire, or simply not plugged in!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

had look this morning had every single fuse out of the 3 fuse boxes all ok checked the multi-plugs at the motion sensors and the ones in front of the interior mirror, had the lens off the actual light unit all ok, every multi-plug in the boot secure, only thing is if there's a relay for the interior lights (for door opening) i don't know which one it is, also wondered what gadget makes the light go dim slowly and if it could be that that's faulty? anyone got any ideas please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Most dimming functions are controlled by the Body Control Module behind the glove box.
    These are usually quite reliable.
    I will have tolie down in a dark room and think about any more possibilities.

Second thought on the alarm issue - got check safegaurd up on display
    Have you had your alarm sounder unplugged in the boot.
    It is quite common to do this as the car uses the car horns instead if the sounder is unplugged / removed.
    The car horns are a lot louder than the internal sounder, however on some cars, the Can-bus gives the above error message, and others don't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

not as far as i know, but i have found a couple of multi-plugs not coupled to anything, i just assume that vaux fit a standard loom and the plugs are for different model variants as they don't actually reach anything, but there is what looks like 2 black plastic sockets in the n/s compartment where the elecs and fuse box is but they are attached to the body/floor, not sure that they are for anything really as they look as if they have just screws inside them. can't actually make out where the alarm sounder is, just a reminder it's an estate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not a clear image, but the sounder is tucked into the left inner wing in the load area.
    As you look into the load area, the sounder is before the fuse / relay panel..

See red arrow in image...
    ignore the two big blocks as these are fuse links..(taken from another thread).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

Wouldn't a flat sounder back up battery show up "check safeguard" too? Just a thought

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

that must be well and truly tucked away as i haven't seen anything like that at all, but i will have another check around and let you know the out come, with reference to the flat sounder battery do you know where it's located. may be a day or two before i get back to you as i am fitting a new throttle body and cleaning egr weds before i go to work but if i have time will have a look, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information