Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default front bumper / wing joint

just had the front splitter replaced & bumper touched up following some damage (long story see other thread).

Anyway, pleased with the spray work & colour match etc, but the body shop has removed the bumper & I think possibly broken something on re-fitting. Where the wing & bumper join next to the headlamp on one side the two don't seem tied in together.

Can anyone show me a pic of how the two fit, i.e. a photo of the fitting on the edge of the wing & the corresponding part on the bumper. I assume there is some sort of (plastic?) clip that may have been snapped.

Thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

there is a horizontial lip on the top of the bumper ( got a new one sat in my room right now)

what happend to me was this lip folded over when i re fitted my old one after some damage as awell. i pushes the bumper down and makes it stick out a bit? try undoing the screws in the wheel arch and pulling that side of the bumper out and checking it all slides back into place neatly.

failing that they might not have pushed it into its housing proipperly and it might just take a brave push to clip it back into the housing

mines a pre-faclift btw so im only going on that but i assume the sides of the bumper are near as damn it the same seems you can facelift a pre

Thread Information