Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default help im just about to set fire to my 03 plate vectra c 2.2 petrol

hi every one i have just about had it with my vectra c its a 2003 2.2 petrol we have had the car about 2 years. About 4 months ago i was driving along like you do and all the clocks went down then back up i carried on and didnt think about it to much as time went on its got bad its doing it all the time and when it does it the wipers stop the indicators stop the abs,battery,and spaner light come on.if i turn ignition off then on again its ok for about a minute.i have put it on my diagnostics and it said fault with steering colume module.so i have done all the normal things like checking the abs pump plug and all the plugs as it happens and fuses.so i got a new steering colume module/sim/cim and got car pass to reprogram it all had problem when reprograming it keept dropping out got sorted in end and the cars no differant.now on the diagnostics its saying comunication fault with steering module,comunication fault with abs/eps,and comunication fault with engine control.the clocks are still droping but not as much as they where bit like when it first started happening and the cd player was going off but isnt now im thinking maybe body control module but where do i stop £££££££ apart from that the cars been good just gets abit hairy when you want to pull off the motor way and my indicators stop working and i carnt see how fast im going if anyone can help please do oh and sorry for my spelling ha ha.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi have u took the ecu off then re plugd it back in? made sure the plugs in tight usualy if its not talking to that many things its a faulty ecu or wire prob i take it u have had a look at your altanator and batt? and all the earth wires?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi i had something very simular last week and it was my alternator

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unhappy

yes i have unpluged ecu and checked all earths that i can get to battery new and alternater charging.i think its talking because when i deleate faults and start car its all ok for about 1 to 2 min its like some thing is timing out or getting to hot.when i get rid of the faults just the clocks go down and come straight back up again they do that for about 4 to 5 mins then stay down then the abs,and battery light comes on and i have to switch ignition off and back on again to reset it if i dont i loose my indicators and wipers even when the battery light and abs comes on the car abs works and the battery is charging i carnt work it out any idea anyone

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

what problems did you get last week all of mine or some of them its funny you should say that because there is a slight oil leak that i have been keeping an eye on right near the alternater.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate (150) Nav

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.9 CDTi (150)

Year : 2006

Mileage : 126000

Could be a dry joint on the circuit board somewhere inside the ECU? Seen similar things in the past - garage recommend replacing ECU, around £700+... Reconditioned one is cheaper (£150+), the only place I could find to do one years ago was in Leeds...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it sounds like the ecu

(it all had problem when reprograming it keept dropping out got sorted in end and the cars no differant.now) on the diagnostics if it kept droping out it defo sounds like its the ecu is it u thats clearing the codes? what are u using? if i was u id get it on a vaux diagnostics machine or 1 that can store and run live data readings and drive the car with a lap top system or vaux system and see if it drops comunication and then see what the live recorded readings say just before it dropt out, u say the alt is charging did u do a voltage test making sure it was ok and under load?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hm heres a thread a bit like yours

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100120

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks all for the help i have had a night off from trying to fix it. i am going to double check the battery and alternater asap and see.that thread does sound like mine my EML doesnt come on and the rest of the car runs ok just dials going down and abs/trc and battery lights on i had some one read the codes in the first place with tech 2 and it was steering colume module faulty.so we replaced it and had problem reprograming it with tech 2.so we have tryed the car for a couple of days and still not right.Befor we did any thing the first time not only did the dials go down the indicators,wipers,and cd player used to go off and the head lights came on they dont now just dials and warning lights so geting some where there was only the one fault thow in first place now theres 3 that keep coming back the 3 are comunication fault with abs,comunication fault with steering asist,and comunication fault with engine control.i am useing bosch kts 670 diagnostics at min to try and solve it.it allways goes bad big time on your own car just my look.i will keep thinking and as soon as i sort it i will tell you any more ideas please let me no thanks

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

set fire to it probaly save you the heartake and waiting around on this site for replies im on my 3rd vec there built **** compared to stuff like audis but i love em

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information