Well, this weekend I put my mats in and fitted my parrot MK6100, the map lights and sunglasses holder. Sadly ran out of time to do the rear lights, which will have to wait until another day.
Apart from having some 'fun' with the passenger sun visor clip (see other thread) I had a bit of a surprise when I took the old light console and dash to pieces. The car had an existing Bury in-car phone kit installed! The control box was mounted to (screwed into) the little scuttle panel on the left behind the glove compartment, there was a loom extension with the wires coming off for the control box, a Inkars mount with phone cradle attached just shoved in behind the air-con controls, the wire for the mic up in the ultrasonic alarm sensors (the mic just cut off) and an aerial somewhere in the rear roof lining (I didn't get as far as fully removing it so just cut it off at the C pillar and will do so when I install the rear lights). Apart from asking myself why it had been hidden rather than just left in place or removed*, this took an extra hour of undoing electrical tape, removing and replacing trim and stripping out wires from the old kit. Incidentally, the bracket is identical to the one I just bought for £10.99 off eBay (see my garage), so if anyone wants to buy this one, make me an offer!
* this explains why, when I test-drove and looked over the car, the storage tray underneath the air-con controls wasn't seated correctly.
Anyway, fitting the parrot was easy and there's loads more space behind the dash than there was in my old Volvo S80. Apart from the sun visor issue (which I probably could have got away without removing) the microphone was easy to put in as well, taping the wire well away from the A pillar airbags. The only tricky bit was getting the wires for the control display from the bottom of the driver's A pillar to the parrot unit as the connectors are a bit chunky and I had to take the lower driver's dash panel out to get them across with out lacerating my hands. Once through it was an easy job to pull all the wires from the audio loom/SOT-122 through to behind the glove box/hazard switch and connect the switched live cable to the hand fly lead left from the previous car kit install.
The map lights and sunglasses holder was an easy fit (though it took me a few seconds to work out how to disconnect the ultrasonic sensors from the connection block (it just folds up and the plug pulls out while you hold back one of the clip arms).
Will add some pictures this evening/tomorrow.