Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default what the most problems with these

Hi guys Im new on here. Im buying a vectra c 2.2 sri dti sometime this week, just wanting to see if anyone had had any major problems with them? Are they reliable and what kind of mpg will they return?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the 2.2dti is a good engine if looked after mate , i had some electrical problems when i got mine , that was the car not the engine , and the only problem i have had is the crank pulley went , but again something relatively quick to sort out and the part is £200 from vaux.

MPG - at the moment im doing a lot of town driving and i have a heavy foot so im getting 35-38 mpg , but the other day i did a motorway journey and i was averaging 55mpg.

reliability - apart from the crank pulley nothing yet , i also find putting shell v power in the car made a huge difference to general driving and performance so i put that in all the time

only thing that bugs me is sometimes when u change into 5th to soon it goes into limp home mode , vauxhall apparently did a recall for this which my car had and it still does it so i just make sure i never go into 5th to early

and ive done 12 thousand miles in the 7 months ive had her

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by shaun260589 View Post
    the 2.2dti is a good engine if looked after mate , i had some electrical problems when i got mine , that was the car not the engine , and the only problem i have had is the crank pulley went , but again something relatively quick to sort out and the part is £200 from vaux.

MPG - at the moment im doing a lot of town driving and i have a heavy foot so im getting 35-38 mpg , but the other day i did a motorway journey and i was averaging 55mpg.

reliability - apart from the crank pulley nothing yet , i also find putting shell v power in the car made a huge difference to general driving and performance so i put that in all the time

only thing that bugs me is sometimes when u change into 5th to soon it goes into limp home mode , vauxhall apparently did a recall for this which my car had and it still does it so i just make sure i never go into 5th to early

hi shaun thanks for the input really helpfull??so is this with all 02 where it gos into limp mode

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by shaun260589 View Post

Shaun,

Providing your air pipes and vacuum pipes are all OK, the limp home mode in 5th gear is likely to be the boost pressure sensor needs cleaning or replacing (if the cleaning doesn't work replace it) or the turbo recalibration (your dealer can tell you if this applies to your car).

In my case, it was the boost pressure sensor - cleaning didn't work so I replaced it early last year and haven't had a single 'limp home' mode since. Getting the fault code read may help - mine was a stored code so the light didn't have to be one when the Tech2 was connected. The fault was something like 'boost pressure out of range'.

I had the turbo recalibration done just before Christmas because the dealer the car went to for some other work found it was outstanding.
    Last edited by James24; 18th January 2010 at 11:56.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my mate has a 2.2dti, crank pulley cost him 90quid diy. usual suspension probs. turbo failure at 40k. now done 200k and still strong.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

only probs here so far springs 03 plate 40K
    good car i get 36-38 motorway bout 55

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i had one of these for 18 months before i got my v6, it was that good that my brother bought it off me, the only problem i had in all that time was limp home caused by a crack in one of the vacum pipes, appart from that and general service parts and 2 tyres didnt cost me a penny, great mpg especially on the motorway, even tho mine has 114k when i sold it, it still felt like a car with half that, i would recomend one to anyone, cant sing its prasies enough, hth

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by James24 View Post
    Shaun,

Providing your air pipes and vacuum pipes are all OK, the limp home mode in 5th gear is likely to be the boost pressure sensor needs cleaning or replacing (if the cleaning doesn't work replace it) or the turbo recalibration (your dealer can tell you if this applies to your car).

In my case, it was the boost pressure sensor - cleaning didn't work so I replaced it early last year and haven't had a single 'limp home' mode since. Getting the fault code read may help - mine was a stored code so the light didn't have to be one when the Tech2 was connected. The fault was something like 'boost pressure out of range'.

I had the turbo recalibration done just before Christmas because the dealer the car went to for some other work found it was outstanding.
    ill have a look into that cheers mate

apart from that love it , its turning out to be a great first car( was insured on mums clio for 2 years) for a high mileage driver

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Dont be afraid of getting a DTi
    Its a solid engine, and for what Ive experienced myself, and what others here also have stated, there are a few "glimps" to look for, just as you find on other engines:

• Limp home mode, most often caused by clogged EGR and inlet manifold
    • Cracks in air intake hoses, vakuum lines, diesel return lines
    • Turbo is a bit sensitive for oil quality / change
    • Crank shaft pulley

Most of this is easy to avoid or fix yourself for low costs.

Good luck with buying

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My mother has a 2.2dti 04 sxi estate shes had alot of bother with it cutting out and going into limp mode so far it has had the vacum hoses replaced and the injector seals done its still not quite right if left facing nose up on a gradient it will start for five seconds or so then it will cut out and take a good while of turning it over to start up again.Apart from that it has been a good motor its a bit slow though compared to the cdti 150.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information