User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: How to refit drivers door card...

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default How to refit drivers door card...

    Had my window regulator replaced and now need to refit door card...

    I cant get it on though, think its the clips near the top that wont go on... the silver ones.

    Is there some kind of special way to do it?

  2. #2
    Full Member chrisvectra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Are you VXR Enough
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : VXR8 6.0 muscle SRI ESTATE XP1

    Trim : VXR/ SRI ESTATE CDTI XP1

    Engine : 6.0 V8 Thunder

    Year : 2008

    Default

    dont you clip the top in first and work down
    VXR IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR THRILLS !



  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bradford
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Yes you have to put the window rubber part in first then work your way down both sides and bash them Back in.

  4. #4
    Regular Member big rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra gsi

    Trim : Full heated leather

    Engine : 3200

    Year : 2004

    Default

    start at the top on a angle, pop it all back on then

  5. #5
    Full Member paul.sessions's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    leighton buzzard
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big rich View Post
    start at the top on a angle, pop it all back on then


  6. #6
    VIP-Member puppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Ayrshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia 1.8 SRi

    Trim : VX Line Red

    Engine : 1.8VVT

    Year : 2011

    Default

    Bump for an old thread here.

    I replaced my driver's door window regulator a week or so back, and am struggling to get the door card refitted 100%. There is a white clip near the front, near the top of the door card, just under where the triangular plastic trim is, that I am struggling to get into place properly. End result is that the card is sitting ever so slightly out from the door, and creaking against the end of the dashboard, and it's driving me nuts!

    Anybody got any good advice on how to get the topmost white clip at the front of the door to clip into place? Is there a particular knack to it?

  7. #7
    VIP-Member puppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Ayrshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia 1.8 SRi

    Trim : VX Line Red

    Engine : 1.8VVT

    Year : 2011

    Default

    Just been out for another look, and I actually think the white clip is located fine. Starting to think it may be the top of the card that isn't located along the top lip of the door somehow, and holding the card inwards too far, but that's a job for daylight sometime.....

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Opel Vectra

    Trim : OPC

    Engine : 2,8 V6

    Year : 2008

    Mileage : 90000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puppet View Post
    Just been out for another look, and I actually think the white clip is located fine. Starting to think it may be the top of the card that isn't located along the top lip of the door somehow, and holding the card inwards too far, but that's a job for daylight sometime.....
    it's more or less impossible to do this the first time around, once you get the hang of it, it's very easy

  9. #9
    VIP-Member puppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Ayrshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia 1.8 SRi

    Trim : VX Line Red

    Engine : 1.8VVT

    Year : 2011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brasch View Post
    it's more or less impossible to do this the first time around, once you get the hang of it, it's very easy
    Will have a look at the weekend probably. If it's dry anyway!

  10. #10
    Regular Member baz2011uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    swindon
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : VXR

    Engine : 2.8 V6

    Year : 2007

    Default

    just got my car back from a window tinter who re did my front s and both side are like what you had white type clip in top by triangle speaker cover

    how did you sort it as if its a quick fix will do it myself rather than take it back to them


    Quote Originally Posted by puppet View Post
    Bump for an old thread here.

    I replaced my driver's door window regulator a week or so back, and am struggling to get the door card refitted 100%. There is a white clip near the front, near the top of the door card, just under where the triangular plastic trim is, that I am struggling to get into place properly. End result is that the card is sitting ever so slightly out from the door, and creaking against the end of the dashboard, and it's driving me nuts!

    Anybody got any good advice on how to get the topmost white clip at the front of the door to clip into place? Is there a particular knack to it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Drivers Side Rear Door Card-SRI
    By Vaux-Man-G in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th May 2010, 19:41
  2. Drivers Side Rear Door Card-SRI
    By Vaux-Man-G in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29th May 2009, 17:12
  3. Free sri door card /drivers side
    By Teza in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd March 2009, 19:37
  4. Drivers Side Front Door Card-SRI
    By Vaux-Man-G in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18th February 2009, 13:42
  5. Drivers door card removal
    By MadOnVaux! in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17th June 2007, 17:46

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •