Thread: limp home mode

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default limp home mode

I am having ongoing problem with my 04 vectra estate 2.0 diesel i have read all the posts on this and changed both vacuum solenoid valves front of engine checkt vacuum pipes cleaned egr the car drives fine for any amount of time then car with spanner light comes on car starts spluttering no power must pull in and restart i have found that if i disconnect the power supply for the front right vacuum solenoid valve Wyle its spluttering it clears the problem for a bit but comes back given time help me please i am losing hair with this

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Another 04 vectra estate 2.0 dti here with same problems! The vacuum valve you are disconnecting controls the throttle butterfly. When there is either no vacuum or the connector is disconnected the throttle remains wide open which some people appear to have left there cars running in, however, this could be a bit risky as part of the shutoff the throttle contains is that of stopping the engine should the turbo leak oil into the inlet and go into runaway mode. If you have one of the throttle p0838 modes which relates to the throttle actuator range/performance it could be that the position of the throttle does not agree with the amount of air going into the engine and that perhaps the angular position sensor is defective. My garage tells me this is unlikely, however, another member has told me it solved his problem so I have just splashed out the £200 for a new upper inlet manifold/throttle body which comes with the angular and MAP sensors. So far 560 miles and no random cut-out (oh they also stripped the manifold fully off the engine and cleaned the inlet all out as originally this problem appeared to be brought on by the EGR valve getting stuck and blowing exhaust all through the inlet). In a few weeks time I'm either going to be really happy I spent £200 or trying to sell!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default thanks for the reply

Can you keep me posted on how your car is doing i am getting codes read again tomorrow morning and post them hear i changed the crank position sensor tonight light still comes on giving it some on motorway does this model have swirl valves i can’t see them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by fig View Post
    Can you keep me posted on how your car is doing i am getting codes read again tomorrow morning and post them hear i changed the crank position sensor tonight light still comes on giving it some on motorway does this model have swirl valves i can’t see them
    Yes, the DTi has swirl vales - they right at the bottom of the inlet manifold - you can see them if you take the top half of the manifold off and peer into the bottom half with a torch - there's a rod running across all 4 inlets with a round plate over each. The rod is turned by the vacuum diaphram on the nearside of the engine block, behind and below the air pipe that runs between the intercooler and the inlet manifold.

Your problem sounds like a hole in the air pipes or vacuum pipes, or a dirty boost pressure sensor. Check these - loads of info on here if you do a seach - and also ask your dealer if your car needs the free turbo recalibration work carrying out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have checked and double checked all pipes I have fitted new boost sensor followed the exhalent how to on cleaning butterfly with carb cleaner I am just back from cheeking codes I am now getting p0638 and p0660 can someone help decrypt my problem please

Thread Information