Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate (150) Nav

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.9 CDTi (150)

Year : 2006

Mileage : 126000

Default Windscreen wiper replacements story

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experiences with you, originally in the hopes that it would prevent anyone else having a similar experience (though this is now unnecessary) and also to potentially entertain a few people.

I recently replaced the front windscreen wipers on my car, using the cheapest ones advertised on Wiper Blades, as mentioned in this thread. Excellent service, fast, cheap, work well. Perfect.

Now, a week or so back I ordered a full set of blades for my wife's Peugeot 307, which also arrived promptly, fitted perfectly and wipe well. However, and this is where the problems started, I also decided (right at the last minute) to add a rear wiper for my Vectra. Unfortunately, in my haste, I selected the rear blade for a 'Vectra', not a 'Vectra Estate' (separate item in the drop down selection list). I did put a note on the order that this was for an estate and to call me if there was any problem with this and heard nothing so assumed all was OK.

The package arrived the next day and so, that evening, I fitted my wife's blades (no problem), went to do mine and realised it was the wrong one. The next morning (Saturday) I checked the website, realised my mistake and called them to explain. They said to post the wrong one back to them and they would send out the correct one (Trico EX380) by return, which I did and they did (arrived on Monday).

Sadly, when I went to fit the new 'correct' blade, although it looked almost identical at first glance, it turned out not to be correct after all! The diameter of the cross-shaft that you click into the wiper arm was slightly larger than the correct one and, instead of clicking into place, the only noise was that of the retaining clips snapping off!

The next day (Tuesday) after work, I stopped by the local Main Stealer and picked up a new wiper arm (#93174151) @ £17.39 and blade (#93196004) @ £14.57 = £31.96 all in! That evening I fitted the new wiper arm and blade. When I tested the action I heard a loud "thwack, thwack" noise. Closer inspection revealed that instead of the correct blade as listed on the receipt, the monkey in the parts dept (despite having doubled-checked the codes) had given me the wrong part (#93185349, for a signum?) which was 1" longer and was hitting my screen wash nozzle!

So, during my lunch hour on Wednesday, I had to go back to the dealer, where thankfully I got a different, more helpful monkey, who exchanged the blade for the correct one, which I've fitted and works perfectly again. Phew! I also sent the incorrect blade back to Wiper Blades along with a letter (including photos) asking for a refund and explaining what had happend with the wiper arm.

Now the best bit: I've had an email from Wiper Blades this morning, apologising for the issues. They say that they checked the manufacturer's information and that "there has been an error in the information we have gathered". I've just checked and their website has been updated to show the correct wiper arm (Trico EX353 @ £3.40 inc VAT). They've also refunded the cost of the incorrect blade AND the full cost of the wiper arm, saying: "please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and I hope you are fully satisfied with how we have rectified this for you." Result!

So to conclude: IMO Wiper Blades are a great company who offer low price products, delivery very quickly and pay special attention to their customer service, quickly resolving any issues, whom I will definitely be using again. On the other hand we have Vauxhall Main Stealer - Evans Halshaw MK... If you are being served by Jeff, be VERY careful that he is giving you the correct parts.

The end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Dynamic

Engine : 1.6 turbo

Year : 2019

Mileage : 44000

But a nice service anyway.. but why not put a flatblade on it now you where on it at the rear..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As far as I am aware, you can't put a flatblade on the rear of the Vec estate, unless there's a replacement wiper arm that can accept flat blades? Seems more trouble than it's worth TBH... The cheap replacement blade is only £3.40 and the 'chunky look is fine for me. I like the flat ones on the front though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well from VX there isnt .... but there is from skoda that fits , ive replaced the chunky one from VX to the Skoda one..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Photos?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

here in the how2 (also read the questions about, as theres 2 different set that would fit)

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103099

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wipers? Pah!! Drive fast enough and the rain just pours off the screen anyway...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ha ha! How did I miss that 'how to'?! Looks OK, but I think I prefer the original one for now. Thanks for the info though!

Thread Information